Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Mass Questing Event

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 27, 2019 21:12:38 GMT -7

Alright everyone I've been unexpectedly busy lately so I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I would have liked to.
Recently I have been working on the bigger, longer quests from the Return of the Gods series and Sliske's Endgame.
Because these are all longer quests I'm going to break them up into separate posts and dive deeper into each one instead of doing a short piece on all of them in one large post.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 27, 2019 23:04:41 GMT -7

The World Wakes:

Wow what a quest! While this quest is rates as a long to very long Grandmaster quest it moves very quickly and does not feel very long. The combat in this quest is high level, but is very manageable, more so if you use a guide to set up the best combination for your allies. The rewards for this quest are very good and well worth getting.

Before you Start: I highly recommend doing the suggested requirements of: Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Firemakers Curse, The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Void Stares Back, The Chosen Commander. Doing so will not only provide more backstory and context to the overall Runescape story, but it will also make this quest and future quests easier, also you will be able to claim all of your rewards right away upon completion of the quest.

During the Quest: I highly encourage you to take the time to read all of the chat boxes. This quest gives a lot of history about the world of Runescape (Gilenor) along with the different fractions of the godwars. One of my favorite things about this quest, and the Return of the Gods series as a whole, is that other than your combat equipment and food you need little to nothing for items to complete the quests. I also highly recommend playing this quest with full sound and in full screen to get the most out of the cut scenes.
As I said before this quest is rated as long to very long but it does not feel like it takes that long. To me I feel that is mostly due to the fact that the combat and talking sections are blended well so that it foes not feel like its all talking then all bossing or vice versa.

After the Quest: Make sure you claim all of your rewards, if you did the suggested requirements you'll also get the Sixth Age Circuit Ring which will make the future quests much easier.

Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 27, 2019 23:11:33 GMT -7

The Death of Chivalry:

The Death of Chivalry is a pretty short quest with some good rewards, most of the good rewards are after the quest so make sure you kick the cabbage around to get the most out of it.

I first did this quest when I was just coming back to the game after 10 years away. So I was under equipped and was not using combat abilities so the boss fight was a bit of a struggle. However with equipment from this decade and combat abilities this boss fight should be pretty easy.

While it is in the Return of the Gods series it is not a long or hard quest and actually does not have very much to do with the story line. The only reason it does is because one of the gods comes and talks to you at the beginning and end of the quest, which would only make sense and can only be possible after the events of The World Wakes.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 27, 2019 23:33:00 GMT -7

Fate of the Gods:

Before the Quest:
I do recommend doing The World Wakes, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Temple at Sennisten, The Firemaker's Curse before you start.
Doing so will mean that you can do all of the post quest/ master quest cape things upon completion which makes life easier in general. In addition to this it makes the story line easier to follow and understand.

During the Quest:
I recommend finding all of the crystals as you go through, it is far easier to find them all on your way through than having to go back and find them again.
Fighting the 4 Nihil is not bad at all, just watch the specials and fight them in the order that will work best for you. I do recommend killing the blood Nihil first so that it can't heal the others.
Towards the end of the quest you will have to be in a fight and last about 8 minutes while different Mushpa appear and attack you. You are given the choice to take help from Zaros and I do recommend taking it. As far as I can tell it does not affect the story line at all. I also highly recommend standing as close to the climb down place as you can. The reason for this is because when the fight timer ends the Mushpa will not disappear and they will continue to attack you until you climb down. This is a huge tip if you are struggling with this section so use it to your advantage. If you are still struggling with this section try using different prayers if you can, soulsplit, prayer switch mage, range, melee for the different Mushpa.

After the Quest:
If you got all of the crystals during the quest congratulations you saved yourself a ton of time and have most of the post quest/ master quest cape work done. However you still have a lot to do. This quest has a surprising amount of post quest things to do. However the rewards are very worth it so I do recommend doing them when you complete this quest.
I have not yet done the post quest task of going back and killing all 4 Nihil at the same time, I have watched a few guides on it and tried it once and it did not go well. I'm sure when I update my equipment and ability bars it'll go better for me.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 27, 2019 23:46:45 GMT -7

The Mighty Fall:

This quest is a little odd in that it comes after some Grandmaster quests earlier in the same series, yet The Mighty Fall is itself only a Master Quest. The length of this quest is long to very long but if you go in properly prepared it can be done very quickly. Also the rewards from this quest are pretty good and 100% worth it.
While the lore/storytelling of this quest is more focused on one specific god, I do recommend you take the time to read and explore the chat options to learn as much as you can if you are into that. If you are not really into it I recommend you at least skim it over to get at least some understanding of who is involved and what is going on.

Before the Quest:
There are no required or suggested requirements for this quest so as soon as you want to do it go ahead and get it done.

During the Quest:
This quest is a fun tournament with a little running around in between rounds. The final fight has a interesting twist in that you are required to use a specific weapon. Some of the fights can be a little tricky due to the small size of the arena and the special abilities used. However after  you see them a few times it's fairly easy to get the pattern down and get into a good fighting rhythm.

After the Quest:
Nothing required. However you can play with some new cosmetic overrides and play with a new special weapon if you really want to.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 0:04:01 GMT -7

Hero's Welcome:

This is a bit of a longer quest but it doesn't feel like it drags on. The story line of this quest does a good job of keeping the Fremennik people connected and relevant in the story of the gods and their history in Gilenor as a whole.

Before the Quest:
There are a few required items but they are very cheap and easy to get so it shouldn't take much time or money to get them. The suggested requirements are One of a Kind and Ritual of Mahjarrat which I did well before this and I found that it really does help with understanding the story line and getting around for Hero's Welcome.

During the Quest:

This quest does have a fair amount of running around and puzzles so some parts there is just no way to do it quickly. However when you get to the end and finally get to the boss fight there are a few things to remember. First run counter clockwise and do not run too close to the boss in the middle or else he will start tracking on you. Second remember that each of the four pillars must be damaged twice with your pickaxe before the fireball with bring it down. Third, no matter what stage of the boss fight you are on, if you get hit by fire stop what you are doing and get in the nearest water you can find. Fourth on the final stage of the boss fight get to a pool of water before you do anything else. Once you are in a pool of water stay on one end until you start taking damage and/or the fire spawns, once it does run to the other end of the pool of water. Freedom and or surge may be necessary but don't use surge unless you absolutely have to. Let the fire and falling rocks do the work for you on this final stage.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 0:14:18 GMT -7

The Light Within:

To finish the Return of the Gods quest series the Light Within is rated as a Grandmaster quest with a Long length.
The story line in this quest was very enjoyable for me and really explained a lot about the elven history in the game. Also for a quest that is mostly running around talking to people the rewards from this quest are very generous.

Before the Quest:
There are a few items that are required but I believe they are all quest items so they should be easy to obtain or re obtain if you destroyed them before.

During the Quest:
There is a fair amount of running around in this quest but once you get to where you need to be it moves pretty quick and you are on to the next segment. I really appreciated this because while the quest is long this keeps it from feeling like it's dragging.
When you get towards the end getting the crystal fragments can take awhile no matter if you do combat or gathering skills. Once you are done with that and have all the fragments make sure you talk to Angof and go through all the chat options so that you don't have to go all the way back and talk to him again.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 0:27:13 GMT -7

Missing Presumed Death:

This quest has a very interesting plot, and while it does take some time it gives a lot of information on the storyline of the gods. The rewards are honestly rather weak for the prerequisites and time it takes to do this quest. However this quest does unlock a lot of content so it is still worth doing. Also if you have the levels for the post quest rewards those are much better and make up for the weaker quest rewards.

Before the Quest:
The suggested requirements for this quest are: Koschei's Troubles (miniquest) Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The World Wakes, The Death of Chivalry. While some of these quests are from other series which is a little odd and I really feel like they could be better organized, I found it very helpful to have them done before starting this quest. The storyline and plot of this quest was easier and faster to follow because I already had everything else done.

During the Quest:
There really isn't anything tricky about this quest. It's pretty straightforward and simple to complete. The only slightly tricky part is at the very end when you have to stomp out the fires to get out. The only trick to this part is timing out your stomping out the fires and dodging the fireballs. But once you see the timing of the fireballs this shouldn't be very hard.

After the Quest:
Make sure you go back to the Empyrean Citadel and talk to the statue to claim extra rewards. These rewards are what make the quest really worth it.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 0:47:39 GMT -7

Dishonour Among Thieves:

This quest is a bit longer but I really enjoyed the backstory it provides. It can be made shorter by only going through the chat options you need to, however I took the time to talk to everyone and go through all the chat options to learn as much as I can about the history of the god involved in this quest.

Before the Quest:
The suggested requirements are Nomad's Requiem (which I did previously so see the previous post about that) and Nadir saga. The Nadir saga I tried to unlock from Dungeoneering but I was not able to find the item that unlocks it so I'll have to go back and do it later.

During the Quest:
This quest has a good blend of running around, puzzles and combat. The combat segment of this quest has a very fun and unique twist that I found really enjoyable. The first part of the fights may be a little tricky if you don't understand the specials but they are all very different and easy to work around once you see them the first time. If you are using a guide you should have no problems. The second part is even easier and is a lot of overpowered fun.

After the Quest:
The rewards for this quest are rather weak, however the post quest rewards make up for this so be sure you get as many of the lamps as you have the levels for.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 1:01:30 GMT -7

Kindred Spirits:

This quest is rated as experienced and long. The quest is mostly puzzle based and is honestly pretty easy. It is pretty set on the long time though and there really isn't a way to get through it faster. That being said, this quest sets up some important things for future quests and also gives a intimate look at the relationships and history of the barrows brothers.

Before the Quest:
Deadliest Catch is the only suggested requirement and there are no items required so you can dive right into the quest.

During the Quest:
This quest is mostly puzzle based but they are very easy to complete, they just take a little time to do. While this may be frustrating it also gives you a lot of information about the Barrows Brothers. The only big tip I have for this one is MAKE SURE YOU INVESTIGATE THE HOLE THE STATUE MAKES. Doing this and doing the little side part in Sliskes study will not only make future quests much easier, but it also provides some funny dialog. The end of the quest can be tricky if you are unlucky. If you don't find the correct rope on the first try make sure you don't try them again, the exit rope won't change if you die so you can use process of elimination to find the right rope and run right to it.

Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 1:39:32 GMT -7

Nomad's Elegy:

This is a long quest that honestly felt like two separate quests. However that is really only because of how the quest is divided up. The rewards from this quest are pretty nice and the storyline is good and fits in well with the rest of the god quests.

Before the Quest:
There really isn't anything you need to do before this one. All you need is combat equipment and food. However I did find that aggression potions made a section of this quest significantly easier so I highly recommend having some in the bank ready to go.

During the Quest:
The first half of the quest is very easy, mostly just running around talking to people. The plot is interesting enough to keep things moving and not dragging on too much.
The second half is where things can get to be tricky. When you are in the section where you have to help Zanik it can be frustrating and difficult. I found the best way to do it is with aggression potions so that everything goes after you. However this is not a guarantee so make sure you have a high DPS set up so that you can kill the monsters quickly and keep everyone alive. If any of the monsters get past you they typically 2 hit the people you are protecting so even just one or two getting past you can cause you to fail. Also area attacks and abilities are your best friend for this part but I do recommend triggering them manually so you can best time it with each new wave of monsters on the bridge.
Next is the interrogation which if you do it properly lets you skip a step and makes the quest faster and easier, without missing out on any lore or story line. To do this simply make sure you go through all the chat options and get him to tell you about the hole in the wall/tunnel into the fortress.
Next building and protecting the ram is very easy. Just make sure you stay close enough to the ram and attack everything as soon as you can. Attacking them at distance, while they are still in a group makes this part very easy.
After you are done with that if you did the interrogation right you no longer have to assault the main gate and instead you can use the passage you learned about. This will save you a lot of time. However if you like controlling the other NPC's and had fun then by all means, attack the main gate and have fun.

The Boss Fights:
These fights are interesting, different and are kind of fun because you do them as the different NPC's for the most part. While you do have to fight nomad yourself you do get a break between rounds as you do something else as a NPC. Fighting Nomad is pretty easy as long as you avoid his special and his monsters specials.
The tricky parts are when you are controlling the NPC's. While this can be tricky and frustrating it also is a safe death because its a NPC and not you. It also just restarts you where you died so there's no having to do anything over again.
Xenia: The biggest tip I have for this section is do not feel like you have to rush it. Feel free to get in a corner and use rest to heal up as you work your way around to all four sides. Just make sure you watch for the random attacks from the big monster in the middle but I found they are largely inaccurate. Also attack the healers last so that you actually gain health from them.
Death: This all comes down to timing, stand where you want the hand to be, taunt and move away but don't move very far or else you won't get back in time. Once the hand is down use the middle special to release a soul from the hand then the 3rd one to collect it. As soon as you do move on to another side and repeat on all four sides.
Icthlarin: Just keep running. Run counterclockwise and gather souls but try your best to not stop, do not worry if you do not get all the souls. Spam click to start moving to the next group of souls. If you fail at any point of this quest it will be here. Once you get all the way around make sure you activate your shield ability to deflect the damage back and move on with the quest.
Nomad: Fighting nomad between each round is largely the same, just make sure you watch for and avoid the specials. If you are struggling to avoid his soul shot special that deal 7500 or 9000 damage (depending on some choices in previous quests) Turn off auto retaliate so that you can freely run away from his special attack.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 28, 2019 1:54:47 GMT -7

Children of Mah:

This is a fun quest that gives some great rewards and provides some challenges along the way. While it is long you do learn  A LOT and the rewards are more than fair.

Before the Quest:
Ritual of the Mahjarrat and Kosechi's Troubles (miniquest) are both suggested before starting Children of Mah. They do make this quest significantly easier to understand and complete so I do recommend doing them, even if you don't care about the story line of the game.

During the Quest:
The quest starts out running around talking to people, recovering memories and learning a lot about the history of the Mahjarrat and some of the gods of Runescape. The first half to 2/3rds of the quest are very easy. The quest really only starts to get tricky when you need to ride on the lava river and after. Surfing down the lava river can be tricky at first but the steering is pretty quick to get the hang of, plus you can take some damage so don't worry if you don't get it perfect. BEFORE YOU START THE LAVA RIVER INVESTIGATE THE DEATHSTONE! Investigating the deathstone before you start will save you a lot of time and trouble of having to go back later. After this one make sure you also investigate all the other ones as you come across them and read the information they provide.
After you are done with the lava river the only tricky part is fighting the shadows. This will get progressivly harder but they will also give you more light crystals at the same time. Don't be surprised if it takes you a few tries and if you really can't get it they will give you a easy mode option. My biggest tip for this is play with your brightness settings to make it as easy as possible to see the shadows as soon as the start moving towards the center.

After the Quest:
If you investigated all four of the deathstone markers on your original play through then congratulations you have nothing left to do. If you did not now you will have to go back to the world gate, start at the lava river again and keep going until you have found and read all four.
M3RCILESS on RuneClan