Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Mass Questing Event

Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on Mar 30, 2019 16:17:19 GMT -7

Greetings everyone!

I made a post in the clan events thread but I wanted to make a new thread so that we don't bury other clan events in the discussion.
The idea of this event is pretty simple, do as many quests as you can, want or need to. Personally I'm going to finish every quest I have left to do. Then work on post quest extras and area tasks.

Over on the thread Do You Have Your Questing Buddy? I made a list of all the quest requirements that I could find, here they are again

Agility:83

Attack:79

Combat:85

Constitution:80

Construction:81

Cooking:70

Crafting:80

Defense:80

Divination:80

Dungeoneering:75

Farming:65

Firemaking:82

Fishing:72

Fletching:75

Herblore:80

Hunter:76

Magic:81

Mining:80

Prayer:80

Ranged:78

Runecrafting:61

Slayer:80

Smithing:82

Strength:85

Summoning:75

Thieving:85

Woodcutting:80

Menaphos Reputation 9 (overall rank not just 1 district)

runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Quests/Skill_requirements

Also there are more details over on the Clan Events Thread for dates times etc.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Mar 30, 2019 16:42:07 GMT -7

Quests I will be doing (simply sorted Ambiguous, 5th age then 6th age, actual order may change)
Ambiguous/Unknown Age Quests:
Scorpion Catcher
Rat Catchers
Rag and Bone Man
Enlightened Journey
Olaf's Quest
Grim Tales
Back to My Roots
As a First Resort
In Pyre Need
Fur 'N Seek
Love Story
The Prisoner of Glouphrie
Elemental Workshop III
Elemental Workshop IV
The Elder Kiln
The Brink of Extinction
Carnillean Rising

5th Age Quests:
Mountain Daughter
Rum Deal
Shadow Of the Storm
Spirits of the Elid
The Hand in the Sand
Enakhra's Lament
Cabin Fever
Recipe for Disaster
Death to the Dorgeshuun
Lunar Diplomacy
They Eyes of Glouphrie
The Darkness of Hallowvale
Contact!
Cold War
The Great Brain Robbery
Another Slice of H.A.M
Dream Mentor
King's Ransom
The Path of Glouphrie
Land of the Goblins
Dealing with Scabaras
Legacy of Seergaze
Rocking Out
Meeting History
While Guthix Sleeps
The Chosen Commander
Glorious Memories
Hunt for Red Raktuber
Blood Runs Deep
Nomad's Requiem
Quiet Before the Swarm
A Void Dance
The Void Stares Back
Do No Evil
A Clockwork Syringe
Deadliest Catch
The Branches of Darkmeyer
Ritual of the Mahjarrat
The Firemaker's Curse
Some Like it Cold
Rune Memories
The Lord of Vampyrium
River of Blood
Crocodile Tears
Our Man in the North
'Phite Club
Pieces of Hate
6th Age Quests:
The World Wakes
Missing Presumed Death
One of a Kind
Fate of the Gods
The Mighty Fall
Heart of Stone
Dishonur Among Thieves
Dimension of Disaster
Hero's Welcome
The Light Within
Call of the Ancestors
Nomad's Elegy
Kindred Spirits
Children of Mah
Sliske's Endgame
Back to the Freezer
Evil Dave's Big Day Out
The Needle Skips
Curse of the Black Stone
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **

Post by KuzumiBoo on Apr 2, 2019 14:27:49 GMT -7

The quest grind is real, ill be doing quest to starting this weekend I gotta say I wanna get all of em out the way myself to so i don't have to worry about it. thank you cheese, thanks to the motivation
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 8, 2019 15:48:38 GMT -7

I sorted my quest list by timeline and I'm just going to work through them that way I get the best story line and I should be doing the quests and miniquests together so I'll be even closer to master quest cape when I'm done.
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 10, 2019 1:42:00 GMT -7

So far this week I did: Rune Memories, Rag and Bones, Fur N' Seek (including the post quests mini quests for both of them) The Hunt for Surok, Doric's task I, Doric's Task II, Scorpion Catcher, Mountain Daughter, Shadow of the Storm, The Curse of Zaros, Rat Catchers.
I'm not sure how I feel about having the mini quests added into the quest list and having the quests sorted by timeline, I thought it would be more story line/canon type listing or order but its not. However it is kinda nice changing things up. But I think I might try doing a few more that way and then change it to area or something similar to see if I like that better.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 11, 2019 1:17:59 GMT -7

Today I ran into a few snags getting some items that are required for some of the desert quests so I didn't get as many done today as I was planning on but the rewards for what I did get done are pretty sweet! I can now make the special water tieras that act as a water pouch in the desert and thanks to getting crocodile tears done I have immunity to desert heat.
Today's finished list: Spirits of the Elid, Contact!, Dealing with Scabaras (including the post quest journal), Crocodile Tears (including the post quest tomb)
Leveled up Divination, Prayer and hit 270 QP
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 11, 2019 15:20:38 GMT -7

@danthex Tonight I'm going to cap, do my daily Soul Obby chasing in Menaphos, Then I'm going to do Recipe for Disaster. Depending on how long that takes I want to get the last few desert quests done. After that I don't have any plans other than 5th age quests before 6th age quests as I want to try to follow the story line as best I can.
What quests do you have unfinished?
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 12, 2019 14:49:20 GMT -7

I took a short break from questing and did some agility for a few hours while I was waiting for the citadel to reset so I could cap right away. I ended up getting 84 agility, the agility pet and jack of skill title.
After I capped I went back to questing and got all 10 parts of Recipe for Disaster done. My advice for this quest is look at everything you will need to do it and buy and make everything you can before you start. It's much easier to go from one segment to the next when you are prepared.
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **

Post by KuzumiBoo on Apr 14, 2019 5:58:32 GMT -7

I completed all the pre-quest req for the ritual of mahjarrah last week then did Olaf request which was easy I took a break from doing the quest but now I'm gonna do one of a kind quest to get it out the way to unlock more stuff.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 15, 2019 16:15:52 GMT -7

Update from this weekend.
Do No Evil, Our Man in the North, Phite Club, Meeting History, Enakhra's Lament, Kings Ransom, As a First Resort, Elemental Workshop III, Elemental Workshop IV, Death to the Dorgeshuun, Another Slice of H.A.M, Land of the Goblins
Remember that quests rated master quests are rated that way for a reason. Phite clubs final fights can be tough. I recommend going in with the best range gear you have and the Freedom ability is required or you will die.
I also ran into a glitch during As a First Resort, I had the 5 required birds trapped but it would not count them until I trapped a 6th bird.
Elemental Workshop Quests can take some time but I found that if you find a good youtube guide (just find one that works best for you) and you do them together as a series they actually are not that bad, just make sure you have all the items you need.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on Apr 30, 2019 0:40:05 GMT -7

Alright all, the Easter event is over so I'm back to questing.
Today I got done Hopespear's Will, The Chosen Commander, The Eyes of Glouphrie, The Path of Glouphrie, The Prisoner of Glouphrie, Love story. I also got all of the post quests/mini quests done which feels great. I highly recommend doing any and all post quest tasks right away after you finish the associated quest, it's often times just plain easier that way.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 1, 2019 1:37:02 GMT -7

I didn't get as many quests done as I was hoping to because it was monthly reset day and life obligations. But I was able to finish a enjoyable storyline in the Tzhaar quest series.
Today I completed:
The Elder Kiln and the Brink of Extinction, along with Knight Training.
The Elder Kiln is rated as a master quest but I ran through the whole thing with Guthans, no food, no pots, no problems.
The Brink of Extinction has a little more running around at the start but again while it's rated as a master quest the combat was not all that hard. For this one I used Ancient mage ice spells during the final fight. Doing so allows you to freely move away from the boss and his minions as needed and also move around the fight area to avoid the lava when it comes up through the floor/grates. Also using ancient magics and ice spells freezes the boss and prevents him from going into the lava spout and healing, although I highly recommend using combat abilities that also stun/freeze/snare just to be safe.
Knight Training is very easy, I went in with a full set of Guthans and that felt OP. Just bring a stat restore pot or not, the only difference is it takes a minute or two longer when you do it.
Just for reference my stats when I did these quests: 86 att 90 str 91 hp 90 def 85 range 85 pray 87 mage. I either used Arhims or Guthans for everything and never used a prayer.
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **

Post by KuzumiBoo on May 1, 2019 14:00:56 GMT -7

I Did the first 2 of Tzhaar quest series, I just need the brink of extinction quest to complete it and then I'll be able to get those fire capes with no problems. This info is helpful to those who didn't complete the quest yet thank you for info cheese keep on questing.
M3RCILESS on RuneClan