Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Mass Questing Event

Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 1, 2019 19:46:08 GMT -7

Thank you KuzumiBoo! I'm glad that you appreciate this thread. I know I have run into a few guides that are a little out of date from things like the mining and smithing rework or even just how hard bosses are since combat has been updated, new gear introduced etc so I wanted to pass that along in case anyone else runs into the same issues.
However I also don't want to give away to many spoilers for those who don't want to see them so I hope I'm finding a good balance of helpful and not spoiling anything.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 2, 2019 14:02:56 GMT -7

Next Completed Batch of Quests:
Dream Mentor, Glorious Memories, Blood Runs Deep, Easy, Medium and Hard Fremennik Tasks. Rum Deal, Cabin Feaver, The Great Brain Robbery. (All post quest bonus content also completed.)
My Biggest tips for this batch are: You have to do the Fremennik Tasks before Blood Runs Deep so do all of them together. I found it was a nice little break in the quest line but if you have them done before you start you can just focus on the quests and get them done. The storyline isn't bad so I would recommend doing the tasks first so you can work through the story uninterrupted.
Blood Runs Deep: Fighting the Mother Daggonath there are glitches from AOC/Combat updates that no matter what your quest guide says are still there. You must melee with the axe you get in the quest, You must bring all 4 elemental spells, you must bring a range weapon. My first time fighting her she kept switching her weakness between two things I did not have so I had to tele out and go back again, which was a major waste of time.
The Pirate quests so far have been very straightforward and fun. They also use a lot of the same items so it's very easy one to finish one and start the next one right away.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 3, 2019 14:39:30 GMT -7

Next Batch of Completed Quests:
Rocking Out, A Clockwork Syringe, Pieces of Hate.
These quests all took a little bit longer but they are worth it. If you normally spacebar through quests I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you don't on all of the Pirate Series Quests! (The whole Pirate Series being Pirate's Treasure, Rum Deal, Cabin Fever, The Great Brain Robbery, Rocking Out, A Clockwork Syringe, Pieces of Hate.)
All of these quests are highly enjoyable and extremely funny. I encourage you to explore every chat option. I don't want to give anything away but there are so many funny cultural references, throwbacks to the old days of the game, and even your character making fun of itself (you?)
Some of the later quests in this series might feel a little long but really to me they only felt that way after they were done and I was looking back at them. They all give you so many different things to do that you don't normally get to do in game. Flying a seagull to drop bombs, a naval battle, transforming and fighting as a mechanical monster thing.... carrying "odd packages" and forming even stranger relationships.
The rewards from these quests are pretty solid as well. I do have to get 2 more construction lvls so I can do back and do the post quest task from Pieces of Hate for Master Quest cape but that shouldn't take long with the voice of seren event coming up soon.
The Final boss fight in Pieces of Hate can be difficult if you are not prepared for it. What worked best for me is use melee, stay on the barrel spawns by the chains and rotate to the next chain after you loosen one. Also stay to the outside edge to avoid the hand in the middle. Lastly, freedom and anticipation abilities are required for the boss fight so be sure you are familiar with them before you go into the fight.
TL:DR: Take your time, read all the chat options, fight all the things and actually enjoy a quest series for once. 
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 5, 2019 18:05:51 GMT -7

Next Batch of Quests completed:
A Hand in the Sand, The Generals Shadow, While Guthix Sleeps, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, finished all post quest/comp requirements from Pieces of Hate.
A hand in the sand was a fun short quest, the only tricky part is finding the right square in the doorway to use the lens on the vial. When you find it remember that square for future quests.
The generals Shadow is very short and easy if you have the items to start it right away.
While Guthix Sleeps is a long quest but it has a lot of history and great cinematic scenes. I highly recommend playing with the sound on, at least for the cut scenes. Also remember that it is one of the longer quests so while it will take some time it is important to the storyline of the game. Also the combat in the game is very easy, full guthans set and you'll be fine. When you get to the part with the altars and druid pouches be sure you don't accidently use the mort myre fungus to fill your druid pouch or else you will have to leave, get another one, and come back! ALSO BE SURE TO WRITE DOWN EACH DOLEM AS YOU GET THEM!
Ritual of the Mahjarrat is another long quest. But again, I highly recommend reading the chat boxes, and playing with full sound on. This quest gives a ton of history and plot to the game as a whole. I also highly recommend doing the suggested mini quests before starting ROTM. As far as the quest itself goes its very straightforward if you're using a guide. Just make sure to keep you Ring of Visibility on you until you bank to start the final fight. You must have it on you in order to find the cave with the stone of JA, then you can bank and prep for the final fight.
The final fights are very cool and not very hard at all, I did all of them on the first try with full guthans set and some rocktails for insurance. Again I highly recommend playing fullscreen and with all sounds on. Lastly, after the quest don't forget to go back to the battlefield and talk to Arrav and claim a extra reward.
Last edited May 14, 2019 0:52:46 GMT -7 by Cheeserules8
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **

Post by KuzumiBoo on May 6, 2019 14:37:58 GMT -7

Look at you go cheese hammering down all the quests. Maybe sometime when I got more than 2 days out of work ill start doing these quest too and some mini quests down the line to get em all out the way and your advice and tricks also help out as well hopefully people will look at this thread to help out others who hate doing these quest. Again great job and keep striving for the master quest cape.
Tipsy Blonde Avatar
Tipsy Blonde GB Regular **
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 6, 2019 22:20:15 GMT -7

Next Batch of Completed Quests:
Carnillean Rising, Quiet Before the Swarm, A Void Dance, The Void Stares Back.
It's been pretty busy for me lately so I haven't been hammering out quests like when I started, on top of that I'm running out of short quests to do.
These quests were all fairly easy and overall not bad. The story lines from them are not nearly as important as some of the other quest I recently did. Which to me was rather refreshing because then I could focus on getting them done without worrying about missing any important info to the overall arc of the game.

Carnillean Rising:
A short quest with some running back and forth which makes it take some time. The nice thing about this quest is that all the quest items are provied for you. My big piece of advice is that when you get to building your "dung" make sure you build all the traps last so that it is faster to move around the caves and put people in their places.

Void Knight Series:
The series overall is fun, has a interesting plot that ties into some minigames which I recommend playing at least 1 round of if you haven't before because it will help later on with knowing how to get past some puzzles and kill specific monsters. I though it was neat how they tied what we/our character looks at as a mini game into the actual storyline of the game as a whole, it's not done very often and this series managed to do it well without any major plot holes. These quests do have some puzzles in them but they are not very hard and if you are using a guide they are very easy, they just take a little time.
I also thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated how this series required items are all given to you during the quest, there is very little, if anything, that you need to provide yourself in all 3 quests, except armor weapons and food. Lastly all 3 of these quests start and end very close together which makes it very easy to do all 3 of them in one session which I highly recommend doing.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 6, 2019 22:28:44 GMT -7

KuzumiBoo Thanks for the feedback and encouragement, I really do appreciate it. If we have and quests that we can do together I would be more than happy to do them with you and whoever else wants to join us.

Tipsy Blonde The I'm looking at moving on to a more serious/storyline/intensive quest series next. I did some of the quests in this series years and years ago so that I could quickly get to barrows brothers and do barrows runs back when it was still really good money.
Next up is finishing the Myreque Series. In that series I still need to do The Darkness of Hallowvale, Legacy of Seergaze, The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Lord Vampyrium, River of Blood. However I'm also contemplating taking a break from questing this week so I can get ready for the Voice of Seren Weekend coming up. On that same note, If there is a good treasure hunter promo I might do the Penguin series to get some more keys quickly.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 15, 2019 2:14:29 GMT -7

Next Batch of Quests:
The Darkness of Hallowvale, Legacy of Seergaze, The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Lord of the Vampyrium, River of Blood, Call of the Ancestors, In Pyre Need.

The Myreque Quest Series was very interesting and I'm glad I finally got around to finishing it. That being said it is a bit more difficult and tedious that some other quest series. At the same time though, I feel like the series is broken up very well and the rewards are very fair.
My Tips for the Myreque Series are:
Do them all together, they require a lot of the same items over and over and the combat is not the same as anywhere else in Gilenor so make it easy on yourself and do it all together. Plus it makes it easier to follow and enjoy the storyline if you're into that.
High thieving lvls will be a huge help.
Take your time on the city navigation/maze parts so you don't get yourself lost and if you do don't let yourself get frustrated.
COMBAT TIPS:
These quests have a lot more combat that most other quest lines and the combat requires unique weapons. Some of the boss fights require that you wear no armor. However you can pot up before the battles which will help. Because some of the fights you can't use armor deaths are cheap/free so don't let deaths discourage or upset you. That being said, some of the battles you can wear your own gear, it just makes getting back to the boss fight a tad bit tricky since all the vampyries will alert to you as a human and will attack you. Also keep in mind that if you die with your high level gear it will cost you to get it back from death. So be sure to weigh the options and the risks/rewards.
On the very final fight you will die the first time and this is actually a good thing because it's basically the only way you can bank and prepare for the fight.
Lastly, remember to have ability bars set up for Main hand only and 2H melee, with surge and freedom.
Overall: Enjoy them, the cutscenes, storyline and animations come together very well to give a lot of history, significance, and relavance to a otherwise VERY overlooked area of the world, despite how much of Gilenor it takes up.
Call of the Ancestors: This was a short fun quest that allows you to control some NPC's to solve some puzzles and save the day. The quest is pretty short so my only tip for this one is that for the final fight, start attacking the enemy as soon as you can see them, putting your camera angle at eye lvl of your character and watching the yellow dots on the mini map will help with this, also SPAM CLICK.
In Pyre Need:
 This is a very short quest, if you don't have it done yet, go spend the 5 minutes it takes to do it. Honestly the rewards are overly generous for how little work and time is required for this quest.
moistenedgland Avatar
moistenedgland GB Newbie *
KuzumiBoo Avatar
KuzumiBoo GB Regular **

Post by KuzumiBoo on May 15, 2019 10:28:18 GMT -7

I just completed diamonds in the rough, jack of spades and contract so far today and probably will do more questing later on today, I just finish manaphos series ill keep yall posted.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 15, 2019 17:40:08 GMT -7

That's awesome Kuzumiboo! Keep up the good work. I thought the Menaphos quests were very enjoyable as far as the storyline goes. They also give some really nice benefits and great exp. Like the ability to enchant water tieras to act as bags of water, or full immunity to desert heat. The increased reputation gain in Menaphos is also really nice because it increases how much prayer and runcrafting exp you get from Soul obbys.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 16, 2019 3:57:57 GMT -7

Today's Finished Quests:
Cold War, Hunt for Red Raktuber, Some Like it Cold, Back to the Freezer, Back to my Roots, One Foot in the Grave (miniquest) Desert Slayer Dungeon (miniquest)

Penguin Series
:
This is a funny, quirky quest series. From the silly changes in how your player runs and walks to sliding and waddling to all of the cultural references this quest series is fun. The plotline itself is pretty out there and has almost no relation to the rest of the game, which is fine. You can tell the developers wanted to do some stand alone, different content and that's exactly what this is. In that respect they nailed it. 

Tips: 
This quest requires a unique outfit all the time and some other items so I highly recommend that you make sure you have all your quest items with you for the quest, while banking or running to the GE is easy it still takes time. Also on that same note I do recommend doing all these quests at the same time so that when you are done with them you can discard quest items. Plus it keeps the story line together better. This quest series also does a great job of making it easy to get to where you need to for the quest, just make sure you have everything you need so you can take advantage of the free teleports etc. Biggest Tip Before I explain "the puzzle" Write things down, everything in this quest is player unique so all of the greetings, passwords etc etc etc are unique to you and you will need to refer back to them so keep track of them and keep them handy.

"The Puzzle"
 Forget what the game says, ignore what your guides say. This is how you solve the puzzle at the end of Back to the Freezer. When you look at the interface you'll see four question marks across the top, one for each column. All you have to do is guess the combination and the 10 rows below are your chances. If you fail the puzzle and answer will reset!! So if you do not get it after your first 10 attempts discard anything related to that puzzle. *READ THE IN GAME i BUTTON INFORMATION ON THE COLORS OF THE SQUARES AND WHAT THEY MEAN*. Next pick one color and put that all the way across row one and hit check answer. If you got no squares that is actually a good thing. That means that color is not in the puzzle and you do not need it. Move on to row two and pick a different color, repeat this on rows three and four. At his point you should know what colors you need in your answer. If you are lucky it might only be two colors. So now rows 5-10 all you need to do is try the colors you know you need in different orders until you solve the puzzle. Remember to take your time so that you don't try something you already did on a previous row. Also remember if you don't get it in 10 rows the puzzle and answer resets so you need to start all over by eliminating colors.

Back to My Roots:

This quest is pretty simple, but that does not make it easy. When you get to the vine maze section take some time and kill the monsters in the area until you have a full body of parts, this will make one foot in the grave mini quest very easy to do right after this quest. It is possible to fail the vine maze agility sections no matter what agility level you are. When this happens you typically have to climb into a hole to get back into the maze, this will put you in a random spot and you will have to continue from there. This sounds way worse than it actually is. I failed twice and both times I was able to climb into the same hole and it brought me out the same hole. Yes it takes longer having to go over more obstacles again just to get to where you failed, but it really only takes a minute tops.
Biggest Tip: Don't be surprised if the first few root/vine cuts don't grow in your pot. Keep looking around in the area for the dirt you can dig and then cut the vine roots again for a new one to put in the pot. WHEN IT DOES GROW COVER IT IMMEDIATELY! Make sure you have your empty REGULAR POT with you so that you can cover it right away. If you do not cover it soon enough it will die and you will have to get another one.

One Foot in the Grave:
This miniquest is a squeal to the quest Hand in the Sand. If you took my advice during Back to My Roots quest and have all the body parts that's great! BANK THEM AND DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT! (until AFTER you're done talking to the wizard to start the miniquest) If you start the quest with the body parts in your inventory you will run into problems. It took me a few hours to get it all worked out so that I got the credit and rewards from the mini quest.
Start with all or as many of the body parts as you have in your bank. Then take out only what is necessary to start the quest. If you do this and the Wizard then asks you to find the rest of the pieces, then you can go to your bank and withdraw all the parts you have and give them to him. You should only need the hand that you get from the Back to My Roots quest, the same hand you have to open the parcel box to get.
Once you have the body parts section done the rest is easy.
Overall if you have no errors on this mini quest it should only take about 5-30 minutes, depending on how long it takes to get all the body part drops. This means the rewards from this are actually very good.

Desert Slayer Dungeon:
This mini quest is very short and very simple. Just make sure you have all the necessary equipment to kill the different slayer monsters. Face mask, earmuffs, leafblade weapons, Mirror shield etc restore pots (it can be done without them its just faster to keep your stats up)
Last edited May 16, 2019 3:58:35 GMT -7 by Cheeserules8
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 17, 2019 3:53:29 GMT -7

Today's completed Quests:
Nomad's Requiem (required completion of Soul Wars tutorial before being able to start) Deadliest Catch, The Firemaker's Curse, Enlightened Journey, Olaf's Quest, Grim Tales.

Nomad's Requiem: This was a fun quest, gives some interesting backstory on the Soul Wars D&D/Minigame. Overall Combat was pretty easy, even if the first big monster makes it to the vines to heal, he will run out of vines so just keep up the DPS and you'll have no problems.

Deadliest Catch: Another fun quest that's not to long, I had some fun with the part control the boat and following the clues/debris trail. I found that it was much easier in the quest than any other quest where they used that same follow the footprints idea. The plot in this quest is about what you would expect from these developers when they make a quest involving an old fisherman sea monsters and mermaids.

The Firemaker's Curse:
This quest sucks!
 I did not enjoy this quest. It takes a long time, has annoying and frustrating puzzles and not much else. There is very little plot except at the end with the final boss where you find out more about the backstory between Zammy and Zaros.

TIPS:
 First, set aside plenty of time for this quest. Second, have about 25 of your best food in your inventory. Some of the puzzles are easier to just eat your way through, case in point the grid where you light the lines of fire. It's not very hard but you are stuck in there for 8 minutes so have plenty of food just in case. Third, in the agility course/puzzle section: If you die you just restart in the cave and can go right back to it. If this happens you will only have to relight fires. You do not have to push the buttons again. So if you die during the agility section, relight the fires and keep moving forward. Fourth, the fire pattern puzzles. The best way I found to do them is to stand where you want the fire to be and use the right click, second option to get the fire where you want it. This may sound like it takes longer but it works. As soon as I tried this method, CONTRARY TO THE GUIDES I passed every fire pattern puzzle on the first try.
Last tip is for the final boss fight. 27 of your best food, best range weapon, no armor, last inventory space is for the pitch. Expect this fight to take some time, you will only hit 100 per fire you have lit. USE RANGE so that you can run light a fire, attack for a tick or two, run light another fire and repeat. Make sure to stay away from her when she rages or you will die. Remember this will take some time so just keep paying attention and keep moving. Oh and don't forget to dodge the walls of fire. Some guides will tell you to drag her into the water when she hits her rage, but depending on where you are this is not always worth it. I also found that she will sometimes get stuck on the fires that you make so use that to your advantage.

Enlightened Journey:
Overall a very short and simple quest that gives you a new transportation method. The only part of this quest that takes some time is having to bank a few times but that's by design, and honestly with how many teleport methods are in the game now it's not bad at all.

Olaf's Quest:
This quest is another one that's pretty short, just about all of the items you need are obtained during the quest which is always nice. All of the running around is pretty much all in the same area so it keeps moving pretty well and does not take up much time.

Grim Tales:
This seems to be in reference to the Brothers Grimm. The story itself has obvious mixes of numerous folklore and childhood stories which is always interesting to see combined, then add the spin of it being in game and it's rather interesting and entertaining. Again this quest requires very little in items from the player and if you have them with you when you start the quest you can get through it pretty quick.
Cheeserules8 Avatar

Post by Cheeserules8 on May 18, 2019 2:51:32 GMT -7

Today's Completed Quests: All mini-quests
Doric's Tasks parts 1-8, Boric's Tasks parts 1-3, Koschei's Troubles, The Lost Toys, Lair of Tarn Razorlor, Purple Cat, Also started In Memory of the Myreque but this quest has to be done over several days so I have everything needed for it banked.

Doric's Tasks:
Very simple easy tasks, I recommend doing all of them together, put about 100 of every bar in your bank and you'll be fine. Just make sure you DO NOT SMITH ANYTHING BEFORE STARTING THE TASK! If you smith anything before you start the task that requires it you will have to remake it. Also on the task where you have to fill the crate with the 5 axes make sure you have the crate and note in your inventory before you start smithing them, otherwise you will have to remake them, even if your quest log says you already started the quest. If this happens you have to talk with Doric again to restart the quest.

Boric's Tasks:
These are very easy, again just make sure that you mine the ore AFTER you start the mini quest/task to avoid problems.

Koschei's Troubles:
For being a mini quest this sure packs in a lot of information that plays into the overall story line of Runescape as a whole. Not long or complicated for a mini quest, but well worth doing.

The Lost Toys:
A fun little quest, remember to use different teleport methods and grab all the bears in a smart order and take the key from it when you pick it up and you'll be done in 10 minutes tops. Also the dialogue is pretty funny if you take the thirty seconds it takes to read it.

Lair of Tarn Razorlor:
This is a pretty short quest, it takes longer to get to Tarn than it does to fight him and end the quest. Use your best available teleport option to get yourself as close as you can, Slayer, Drakan Medallion etc.

Purple Cat:
Apparently this has to do with a old Halloween event, otherwise it's a very random quest, even for a mini-quest. Contrary to what some guides say YOU DO NOT NEED YOUR CAT, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DYE YOUR CAT! The puzzle is the same as before but now you have to do it twice so follow whatever guide you feel most comfortable with, but basically you move everything once then move it all again, just to put them back where they belong.

Memory of the Myreque:
I'm not currently done with this quest but I have everything I need for it banked so at this point it's just going to be checking in on it daily until it's done. That being said I do really like how it's being used to wrap up the store for not only the Myreque quest series, but also a lot of the characters that were in it. It's not always something done in this game and I like how they are doing it here.
M3RCILESS on RuneClan