Skip Navigation

The Hangout - [Open Discussion]

DiscussionPINNED
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jun 29, 2018 8:08:57 GMT -7

Hello!

Welcome to The Hangout - The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for quick conversation, comments, and to say hello to the GamingBoards community as you arrive and goodbye before you leave. This thread is meant to act as an instant-messenger for the community to discuss topics and conversations that you wouldn't usually create a thread for.

Jump into a discussion or start your own, use this thread to socialize with other members.

Last edited Jun 29, 2018 15:50:34 GMT -7 by Jon
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on Jun 30, 2018 9:14:38 GMT -7

This is a great idea, I love the thought of an open discussion for the community to participate in. Sometimes you find yourself browsing GamingBoards and unsure of what to post, so this definitely helps oil the gears a little.

I guess I'll start things off..  :P

It's Friday and a long-weekend, I'm excited to enjoy some time away from work and under the sun. The weather has been really picking up lately and it makes for perfect walking, hiking, and just enjoying nature in general. I like to hit the trails as much as possible and do a little local traveling during my days off. 

So, with that said, what do you enjoy doing with your time away from school, work, or whatever it is you spend most of your day doing?  ::)

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Jun 30, 2018 9:40:48 GMT -7

I enjoy walks in nature myself, it's a very relaxed environment that makes you feel at ease. - Just don't forget your bug-spray!  I usually spend time relaxing with friends and or my partner while throwing my feet up on the deck with a few cold beer, music, and good laughs. Once the sun comes down it's usually time for gaming, then some Netflix or a movie. :P I think it's great to get out of the house as often as possible, especially if it's to head out into nature. It's also very healthy to have a hobby which you can work on in your spare time, something that you can progress at and either show or experience the results of your practice, such as.. Crafting, Arts, Repair, IT, Mechanical, Collecting, etc..
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
polgan Avatar
polgan GB Newbie *

Post by polgan on Jul 9, 2018 16:31:47 GMT -7

@ben the tick, That's a really sweet thing to do for your parents. Is that a common thing in the U.K.?

I live in a falling down house that's consuming a lot of my time energy and finances to fix. JK, not that bad, but the house we bought 6 months ago is seriously taking up most of my non work non Runescape life. One day it'll be livable, I suppose.
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jul 14, 2018 8:42:05 GMT -7

What's up, everyone? Just wanted to pop in and say hi!! I'm hoping to start getting more active. It's great having a job finally, but it sucks the energy out of me. I went to bed at 9 pm yesterday, even after a good sleep the night before. I'll be in training for a couple more weeks, but it's going well. The people are great and the job is going to be interesting. I have my first real task next week (release testing, it's apparently very boring) so it'll be good to feel like I'm a part of the team.

I hopped on Discord a couple days ago; it was fun talking to some of you for a little bit. I'm looking forward to more of that! I originally bought a headset that said the connector was a 3.5-mm jack, and since I have a laptop with one audio jack, that seemed perfect. I got home, opened it up, and it had a mic and and headphone connector. 😭 I just returned it and got an xbox one instead, since I knew that would have one connector lol. Hope to talk to more of you soon and hear what everyone has been up to!
sig
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jul 30, 2018 13:03:32 GMT -7

I just wanted to update everyone on GamingBoards v2 and ProBoards v6, which will both offer plenty of new features, and even security. GBv2 is currently in the works by , we don't have an exact date of release but we're thinking by the end of August.2018. As for PBv6, this is still up in the air, although we definitely expect to see it by the end of 2018, you can follow updates on this Trello project viewer. This information is also available in our News and Updates thread found in the Helpdesk. Our Discord has been growing well and we even offer some fun in our "warzone" channel for those registered with GamingBoards.net. Also, for our M3RCILESS RuneScape clan members and guests, we offer a chit-chat thread located here for RuneScape related discussions. Feel free to hop into that or this discussion anytime, your post(reply) doesn't necessarily have to relate to the above discussion, that's what quotes are for. ::)

Glad to see our great community of gamers growing and constantly creating new bonds, here's to the future of the GamingBoards community! If you're new to the community, don't be too shy to say hello! :P is the only one that bites, we're still working on that.. O_o

Here's to uniting gamers!

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

silesia Avatar
silesia GB Newbie *
mrsmiles Avatar
mrsmiles GB Newbie *

Post by mrsmiles on Aug 22, 2018 14:01:41 GMT -7

Hello, everyone. It's good to see people talking and getting to know each other. I tend to spend most of my time working or exercising but try and make as much time to play with members of the clan and go out as I can. My hours are odd so I'm usually the nightowl hanging around. Glad to have came across this clan and look forward to talking to each of you further.
megannatasha Avatar
GamingLyfe Avatar
megannatasha Avatar
Last edited Dec 27, 2018 20:35:40 GMT -7 by megannatasha
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Last edited Jan 14, 2019 8:00:43 GMT -7 by Jon
GamingLyfe Avatar
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig