Skip Navigation

Introduce yourself!

PINNED
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jan 25, 2016 21:58:26 GMT -7

Welcome to GamingBoards.net!

Hey, I'm DanthEx! I founded the earliest version of GamingBoards.net in 2005 and am an avid gaming enthusiast. My goal is to help this community unite gamers from around the world, while sharing my passion for gaming. Gaming reviews, guides, and discussions, are my thing. ::)

Most of the games I've played the past few years:

Xbox One: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zero, RYSE: Son of Rome, NHL 15, Dead Space 3, TitanFall, Lego: The Movie, Skyrim Online, Minecraft, Just Cause 3, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 5, Assassins Creed: Black Flag, Assassins Creed: Unity, Monopoly, Risk

PlayStation 3: Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, RAGE: Anarchy Edition, Assassins Creed: 3, inFAMOUS 2, The Sims 3, God of War: Ascension, God of War: SAGA, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shawdow, Grand Turismo 6, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Black OPs, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls V, Grand Theft Auto 5, Lego: The Hobbit, Minecraft

PlayStation 4: Battlefield: One, Call of Duty: World War II, Titanfall: 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Uncharted 4, Destiny: 2, Monster Hunter: World, Rocket League, DIRT: 4, Minecraft: PS4 edition, Monopoly 3D, Tetris, Risk: Urban Assault, Whiplash, Fibbage, Diablo III

Wii U: Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Call of Duty: Black OPS 2, Mario 3D world, Mario Kart 8
Wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns, Guitar Hero: World Tour, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros Wii

PC: Grand Theft Auto: (1, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, 4, EFLC), Napoleon: Total War, Resident Evil 5, Midnight Club 2, Fable - The Lost Chapters, Dirt, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, GRID, Dirt 2, Wild Metal Country, ToCA Race Driver 3, RuneScape, MuOnline, Age of Empires: (2(HD), 3, online), Just Cause 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Rocket League, PUBG

I hope to see you around our amazing gaming community! Feel free to reply here or create your own introduction thread.
Last edited Jul 31, 2018 15:28:07 GMT -7 by Jon
zacisbad Avatar
zacisbad GB Newbie *

Post by zacisbad on Jan 28, 2016 19:23:25 GMT -7

Suuup. I've been playing RS for like. 8 years maybe? somewhere around there. From being stuck on tutorial island to asking friends for 32k for a rune pick I've struggled my way to being..... almost maxed on two accounts (just invention).

I got bored of mainscape RS, with all the handed out XP so I made an ironman last year... Recently made a UIM on 07 (no banking or trading) which I will get back to once I'm 120 invention. Usually if I'm at home I'm on RS which means I play around 8 hours a day. Nice life eh?
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****
Introduce yourself! Posted Jan 31, 2016 12:38:20 GMT -7 via mobile

Post by demarco on Jan 31, 2016 12:38:20 GMT -7

My runescape character will be 12 years old in March. I treated the character like a child maxing out most of my combat skills along with fishing and cooking. If you catch me on rs you will more then likely see me fishing lobsters or sharks. The clan was one of the best things to happen to me. It is where I learned social and leadership skills. I have made lifelong friends who I can see anytime I log in (at least it used to be like that). The events not only allowed us to test our combat, but showed us that teamwork is the key. Even the non combat events were great.

Anon21475 Avatar
Anon21475 GB Newbie *

Post by Anon21475 on Feb 7, 2016 0:32:02 GMT -7

Heh funny, Old time player as well but no where near maxed or any motivation to be.

I like the relax aspect of the game and enjoyed it with alot of friends who use to play with me, from standing by varrock wall for hours on end doing nothing, to running the map of runescape in a race to see who made it without teleporting. As with anything as old as runescape you tend to lose interest and move on this is what has happen to me and my friends, I have recently been a little more interested in the game and like the invention aspect.

Only true time I will train my skills are for quest, these are some of my favorite things to do and explore.

Back when I played alot (and still currently) I was considered a massive source of knowledge of the game and someone to count on when help was needed and I still believe both of these to be true.

I am well rounded, I can make a plan and go with it for skilling. Follow a plan and beat down a boss. As well as keep up and pk those I need to (even though i really don't like that aspect)

Look forward to reading and interacting with the people here, around all games and not just runescape.
Scooged Avatar
Scooged GB Newbie *

Post by Scooged on Feb 7, 2016 11:29:47 GMT -7

Hi I'm Scooged. My Runescape character's name is Silo 42. I started playing when I was 12 in 2002, so my character is around 14 years old.

For some reason the memory most burned into my memory bank was from shortly after I started and I spent days running around south of Varrock collecting the red berries and getting super excited every time I'd find the purple ones. I don't know why, but that was way too fun.

I quit a couple times.  First time was for maybe 2 years in high school where I played CS 1.6 and Source and spent my days scrimming in Cal-O and then Cal-I.  Then for another good 5 year (at least) stretch through college, where I got unhealthily into WoW and my life turned into raiding. Which leads to my main reason for quitting WoW and coming back - a more mature atmosphere in a less intense game. A game that I don't feel like I NEED to play every day, I just want to play. It's easy, laid back, and I can do other things at the same time.

Um. Yeah. I guess if you want to know more . . . ask?
So yeah. Hello people.
Last edited Feb 7, 2016 11:34:46 GMT -7 by Scooged
pnutty4eva Avatar
pnutty4eva GB Regular **

Post by pnutty4eva on Feb 9, 2016 22:25:13 GMT -7

Hi, I am L4dyLight currently on RS. Maxed except for invention that I am working on. No comp cape yet but not in a rush. Playing for 8+ years and long time member of the saints and then moved on. I have been know under many names: pnutty52 originally and then when we could change our names several variations but miss-lady st for awhile.

I am looking forward to the excitement of clan again. The feeling of being part of a group of friends is great. Especially if that group is well organized and led. Then it can stay active and accomplish much.

I started playing RS to help one of my sons with some of his skilling and I am a skiller at heart. I made my own character when I got hooked and guess who is still playing (me) and who is not (my son).

This game has become so varied in the things you can do in it that it really truly has something for everyone, and that is what makes it so great, altho maybe a little daunting if starting new.

Skilling and Quests are my favorite activities so of course I have a quest cape that I maintain. (and a max cape that I am actively pursuing getting back, lol)

Look forward to meeting other players and getting this whole clan and forum up and active again. I would like to see it be a place where we can go and communicate easily with each other, for fun and for help =)
markmac420 Avatar
markmac420 GB Regular **

Post by markmac420 on Feb 10, 2016 19:26:19 GMT -7

Hey, I'm MarkMac420. I've been playing Runescape off and on for about 12-13 years my current character (markmac420) will be 10 this year.

I've been back playing fairly steady for a year now after taking a long break (5 years I believe) from runescape. One day I just decided to log in to see if my account still existed and bam.. hooked again lol.

Runescape has always been a fun game for me, rather than out boozing with friends I mostly stay in the house after work/on days off with my wife n kids playing runescape n hanging out nowadays.

I hope to find time to attend and enjoy clan events in the not so distant future. I'm also slowly working on maxing.

Feel free to add me, private chat is always on.
divinedynsty Avatar
divinedynsty GB Newbie *

Post by divinedynsty on Feb 11, 2016 7:14:59 GMT -7

Heyy, my in game name is DivinDynsty. My real name is Aaron, please feel free to use either one. I work 3rd shift as a manger and I am usually off the game by 8:30pm CT. But log on around 7-8 am CT. If you need to get into contact with me just ask a high rank and they will relay the message. Or message me on the forums so I may potentially see it, if I get an email about it. :P

My favorite hobby is working on custom computers and always having the latest and greatest hardware/software! I play mainly story line based games, but I do play rocket league currently and Elder Scrolls online on and off. I have a lot of excitement built up ever since the announcement of Runescape NXT. If you have any questions about this I can help answer some questions. I do have the beta NXT pass with my Gold Membership, so ill see it day 1.

I have been playing on and off for about 13+ years. I recently (3 weeks ago) recovered my account about a year after I lost it. Upon coming back I saw that the clan I was in ("The Saints") was pretty much dead so I was forced to leave :'(. Since then we have been coordinating the formation of something great! It has always been my goal in Runescape to be apart of a great clan and I will see through that this clan becomes great! I really enjoy skilling and capping at the citadel. Along with pvm on any team orientated boss, I think its fun to work together and have that chance of splitting a decent sized drop. I can always help with any questions if I have the knowledge about it. Other than that since I am maxed I basically just skill random stuff and do slayer for items/invention.

PC MASTER RACE!!

CPU: Intel i7 4790k (overclocked)
GPU: Asus Strix 980 (overclocked)
Mother Board: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (overclocked)
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HHD: 5tb/2tb/2tb/500GB/ 2x 512GB SSD RAID O for loading games lol

Total Costs $3480.36
Last edited Feb 11, 2016 7:36:03 GMT -7 by divinedynsty
dome Avatar
dome GB Newbie *

Post by dome on Feb 20, 2016 21:50:36 GMT -7

hey guys! I've been playing rs for years on and off but about 8 years altogether, i love the game. my characters name is domexsus1987 I'm well rounded in skills but no 99s i can't seem to focus enough to get anywhere close to 99. lol i love mining and smithing the most and really is why i play...maybe i was a miner in a past life or something. if any one needs shield of arrav done pick the phoenix gang and let me know.
iemin Avatar
iemin GB Newbie *

Post by iemin on Mar 4, 2016 17:02:01 GMT -7

hey, my name is iemin

ive been playing rs for about 9-10 years of and on i started playing this game due to one of my best friends got me in to it back in 07 and ive grown attached to it i like meeting new people building great bonds with them :) so hope we can build one!
i have only one 99 and thats fishing but my goal is to keep at it till i can max out my account how ever long it takes im combat 100 at this current time hoping to get it up! well let me tell you a little about me my name is brandon-lee im from Hamilton Ontario Canada i just turned 21 as of march 3rd i work full time at national steel car as a booth cleaner i try to spend most my time after playing runescape and when im not im building a relationship with my dog maximus and spending quality time with the love of my life anyways just letting you know a little about my self :) well hope to get to know each and one of you!
have a great day

sincerely iemin aka brandon
shao Avatar
shao GB Newbie *

Post by shao on Mar 9, 2016 15:39:44 GMT -7

Hey everyone My name is Shaolin kid4,
I have been playing off and on for around 8-9 years. Started back then when I was in middle school lol, and one of my friends older brothers played the game and got us into it. He eventually stopped playing and I got hooked. Im 23 now and still playing, work a full time job at a butcher shop. Besides runescape im starting to get into building computers, and working on my car( 2007 Subaru wrx limited)

Last edited Mar 9, 2016 15:40:13 GMT -7 by shao
Lord Tuba Blueba Avatar
Lord Tuba Blueba GB Regular **

Post by Lord Tuba Blueba on Mar 9, 2016 16:32:01 GMT -7

Hello all, name's Tuba Blueba.
I have been playing since the days of old. Probably the 14-15 year mark. Started playing in middle school, took a long break, but came back to play again.
I am Canadian and proud. Looking forward to venturing alongside you all. See you in game!

assassin1460 Avatar
assassin1460 GB Newbie *

Post by assassin1460 on Mar 9, 2016 17:48:17 GMT -7

hello my real world name is eddy, but call me ed-boy or assassin1460. I have been playing runscape since 2004, but lost my main. so this is my second acct, and quit for about 4 years and came back on 2015. I like to make new friends. anything kinda geeky stuff but down for reality. so that is about it. any questions about me feel free to ask.... no worries it is all great with me around. 8-)
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Mar 15, 2016 19:49:23 GMT -7

Hey I'm Rob, screenname NergalElite.
06/1996

I've been playing Runescape on and off for (too damn long) around 10 years now.
Used to play with friends but most of them have quit by now.
College makes it too easy to play during lectures so I started grinding again.

Haven't done much combat yet since EoC so that's a bit of a learning curve but I'm looking to get into bossing again.
I mostly play by the bond these days, and have learned to keep one banked @ all times.
Still, I've spent more time in F2P purgatory than I'd like to have.
Aiming to pickup lvl 92 prayer for soulsplit this week. Or 85 Dungeoneering for frosties.

My gear atm is sub-par from my prolonged absences from the game. Always open to learning a new boss or camping an old one just hmu.
Hope to get to know you all soon.
Last edited Mar 15, 2016 20:19:33 GMT -7 by Nergal: fixed Sig

hellgracio Avatar
hellgracio GB Newbie *

Post by hellgracio on Mar 19, 2016 9:21:28 GMT -7

Hey Guys!
Names TE Destruct, But on everything else its Hellgracio. ( Cody IRL ).. Just Join M3rciless. Been Playing Scape for just about 10 years off and on, on about 10 accounts lol. This is currently my main, this was strictly a merchant account back in the old 06- 07 days so i do sit rather nice. have 99 pray and still about 110m spare so we should have some fun with it. i dont mind lending out gold if its for the better of the clan so keep that in mind. Im here for the PVM and to Recruit to expand.. Im a daily gamer and play just about anything game that you can think of. Steam name is Hellgracio. Razer Comms name is also Hellgracio ( thats the main voice chat i use).. And yea, hope to make some new friends. Heres my stats =)