Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Duel Arena

DiscussionGuide
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Mar 8, 2017 7:10:17 GMT -7

Talk about a love-hate relationship, that place has done my financials some serious damage, but in the same breath, I've made a ton of GP from staking. I decided to sell my Nox(Which I don't recommend doing) for a little dueling cash today since I was very low on GP, it definitely turned out in my favor. I was down so much I won't even let that number out of the bag for my own sanity's sake, but I made one very risky duel after a few smaller stakes and it turns out the RuneScape Gods were in my favor, I was able to buy my bow back and pocket a nice sum of GP as well. That place is truly addicting and I don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't know when to stop gambling, it can make you or break you, and in a hurry!

I've been CLEANED at the duel arena many times, this time I just simply got lucky, knowing that I was literally risking it all. I would like to mention if this is something you're getting into, be sure to always examine the player to inspect their equipt items, there are many scammers out there, ones using things like Vengence and Disruption shield, Familiars(summoning), accounts with similar names, etc. ALWAYS double and then triple check the duel settings to be sure everything is in order. Today could have turned out quite depressing, although I'm very glad it didn't. :P Does anyone else stake at the duel arena or have any good stories to tell?

Example of settings used while Polypore staff staking, be sure your auto-cast is ON!  ALWAYS: EXAMINE THEIR CHARACTER, be sure there is nothing hidden like a pouch, you should ONLY see their polypore staff. >>THEN >> Send Staked Duel Request > Send Trade Request > They accept the trade, show full inv of vials > then they accept duel FROM the trade window, set settings/use favorite after saving. - Accept the first screen and examine the 2nd to be absolutely sure. The vials show you aren't holding anything in your inventory and neither are they.

EDIT: With the release of a new update, you can now compare your inventory and worn equipment with other players through the first window of the duel screen, be sure to check both, every time!

Jon Avatar
The RuneScape 3 Duel Arena scammers are trying to be clever and have introduced a new scam in 2019. They're hiding a Runic staff so they can cast Disruption Shield causing you to hit a single '1' during the duel, which gives them a much higher chance of winning the duel. If you're going to duel, please, be careful. Check all three screens(Rules, Equipment, Inventory) extremely well, hover your mouse over their worn equipment and inventory just to be sure, if your pointer hovers over items it will show the examine of the item.

Below is an example of just how easy it can be to miss a hidden Runic Staff(or any item) in the inventory. Also, be sure to check their worn equipment for a rune pouch(which is holding runes to cheat with vengeance)!
When in doubt, don't duel!

Last edited Apr 23, 2019 10:26:08 GMT -7 by Jon
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Duel Arena Posted Apr 3, 2017 10:42:06 GMT -7

Post by Jon on Apr 3, 2017 10:42:06 GMT -7

Did a little staking today and last night, made a nice little profit. Tried not getting too cocky, though; As that's always my demise. It's best done in small portions that you're willing to lose. If I stick around too long, things usually get messy. But, so far so good the past couple of days. Hopefully, I can keep this up for some extra pocket cash.
kayla Avatar
kayla GB Regular **
Duel Arena Posted Apr 3, 2017 10:44:39 GMT -7

Post by kayla on Apr 3, 2017 10:44:39 GMT -7

Ahh gambling. I hate it so much. I always lose in gambling. Sure i'll win something but ill just lose it right away lol.
Atleast you won something :)
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Duel Arena Posted Apr 3, 2017 19:58:17 GMT -7

Post by Jon on Apr 3, 2017 19:58:17 GMT -7

kayla Avatar
Ahh gambling. I hate it so much. I always lose in gambling. Sure i'll win something but ill just lose it right away lol.
Atleast you won something:)
Gambling has been my demise many of times over, trust me :P I just like to go from time to time now and try and take it easy, so far so good. :)

Nergal Avatar
I mean we got 99 for all out staking stats, so it's really just coin flips when you think about it, right ?

Yup, that's exactly it - it's a straight 50/50 chance if done correctly (avoiding scammers). So really you just have to hope luck is on your side  :P
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Duel Arena Posted Jul 7, 2017 10:55:00 GMT -7

Post by Jon on Jul 7, 2017 10:55:00 GMT -7

I hereby declare myself banned from the duel arena, tis but a dangerous area in which my addictive personality has no place. I've risked so much, and lost even more. 

Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Duel Arena Posted Jul 7, 2017 20:24:09 GMT -7

Post by Saints4ever on Jul 7, 2017 20:24:09 GMT -7

meanwhile in the same dimension...

*sits pretty on my cash stack*

hmm ive been scammed a few times not noticing things in duel arena...for example in one duel i got vecna skulled...wasnt fun...however there has been a few times where ive been able to win even tho they cheated...sooo yeah theres that
Help is only a Bubble away...
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Duel Arena Posted Jul 8, 2017 11:25:22 GMT -7

Post by Jon on Jul 8, 2017 11:25:22 GMT -7

Saints4ever Avatar
meanwhile in the same dimension...

*sits pretty on my cash stack*

hmm ive been scammed a few times not noticing things in duel arena...for example in one duel i got vecna skulled...wasnt fun...however there has been a few times where ive been able to win even tho they cheated...sooo yeah theres that

I've been up against scammers as well, there are many things to look out for, I've also won even though they've cheated, I think all but one time actually, screw them, Karama's a bitch! But anyhow, I'm retiring from that place, for good this time. Not ruining my gaming experience and quitting all over again due to lack of funds, hah.

Goodluck!
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Duel Arena Posted Aug 30, 2017 13:07:01 GMT -7 via mobile

Post by Saints4ever on Aug 30, 2017 13:07:01 GMT -7

I wish they would just get rid of eoc or make legacy only versions of bosses. The combat in runescape is what made runescaoe combat...runescape combat. There's reasons why I didn't play games with all these abilities etc etc
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
dadajeep Avatar
dadajeep GB Gamer ***
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
M3RCILESS on RuneClan