Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

~ Nergal in 2024 ~

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Feb 27, 2024 16:11:02 GMT -7

Hello everybody, it has been a rather long time since I last made a general update Post. 

During my final year of University, sometime early in 2019 my laptop stopped running Runescape 3 altogether. 
I was Maxed at the time and then Archaeology and Necromancy came out. 

Played a bit of OSRS in the following years before falling off of there as well.
Logged onto my main earlier this month for the first time in nearly a year.
Last Played Screen 

Played for a bit but don't have the time for the 2-week commitment of investing in a Bond right now.
I am quite interested in returning to RS3 to try Necromancy when I do get a solid block of time to play games though. 

I really just haven't been playing and the graph will affirm that.
Nergal Rank over Time 

I had put a little bit of time into my other account while watching TV but I simply don't have the same multitasking opportunities which my college years provided for me anymore.
Alt Smithing Experience 

I might make a more substantial return to Gielinor someday, but for now I'm just checking in to say: 
I am alive.
Please don't be offended if I miss a message when you see me online, especially if I am on a Free to Play world, I am likely AFK Woodcutting or mindlessly High Alching while watching a show; however, if you see me on a Pay to Play world, by all means, call me out

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Mar 17, 2024 15:29:08 GMT -7

Stretched between too many projects irl but the AFK Woodcutting progress has been pretty steady.
Just f2p Yews with a Rune Hatchet.
March 2nd we hit 82,
3rd level 83,
84 on the 9th,
85 on Mar 13th,
86 today March 17th.

Very passive and letting the experience trickle in as I work on other things.
Doing Beginner Clues as I notice them.

Still don't have any significant time to justify burning a Bond, no intention of using limited membership hours on Woodcutting in the near future. Why? Well, Redwoods don't appear to be worthwhile to AFK for the 90 to 99 grind, and I'm definitely not going to sweat through 2-tick teaks when I could be doing Slayer. Fishing now has a mini-boss in Tempoross which I would want to try, making Woodcutting the only real AFK option for Nergal right now; Stronghold Spiders are a semi-afk combat training option but combat is way more efficient as a Member.... 

I'm not saying for certain that I will have 99 Woodcutting off of Yews and/or Maples in OSRS before I use my next bond, but even with the Forestry updates I don't really see any incentive to Woodcutting in pay-to-play..... I don't want to Tick Manipulate it, while the AFK options are only 2 or 3 times the experience and not significantly more profitable, there are simply better things to AFK than Woodcutting as a member in OSRS. 

If I can manage to AFK around 100k experience Woodcutting in F2P per day, almost all of which is done while performing other tasks, I can have 99 Woodcutting 100 days from now without 'wasting' a Membership Bond. Will I do that? I have no idea... 
Unless I find a nice Time Window to actively play for a fair bit and enjoy a Bond (without feeling like I am a wasting it) I am probably just going to continue chopping Yews, doing the occasional Clues, and maybe some Smithing and High Alchemy if I foresee myself approaching a time to redeem a bond to get the cash-stack up a bit ahead of time. 

Too many things that I want to get done and a backlog of work that I need to take care of before I am going to be using my next Bond. 
Until then, just prepping, slowly but surely.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Mar 27, 2024 18:29:58 GMT -7

87 Woodcutting March 21st
88 Woodcutting March 27th

I have already gained over 2 million Woodcutting experience in the recent month, not too shabby for Free to Play afk.

Still overwhelmed with projects, but there's something so cathartic about the Runescape grind in tandem with other work

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Apr 29, 2024 4:29:56 GMT -7

91 Woodcutting, April 20th 2024. 

Reasonably busy month, outside of Gielinor, days of even AFK'ing trees have been sporadic at best; most recent week was particularly light in terms of tree-cuttery. 

In mid-March I suggested that I could easily do 100k Woodcutting experience per day, and I might be able to if I prioritize it a bit more, but I have gained 1.6 Million in the past month, averaging closer to 50k per day (granted, this past WEEK was only 21k). 
I am in no rush to 99 Woodcutting, just reflecting on how things are going because I was awake too early to leave for work but not early enough to meaningfully tend to larger projects.

M3RCILESS on RuneClan