Skip Navigation

How are you doing in 2020?

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:09:25 GMT -7 by Deleted
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Sept 16, 2020 10:08:17 GMT -7

Uh... before the Covid related lockdowns took effect local to me I was in the process of seeking medical support for various issues. Picked up my Medical Card in early February with the primary condition to treat being my anxiety, very nice to have access to legal weed during quarantine. Was at an allergist to try and figure out what causes my respiratory allergy symptoms which I have had all of my life, the results showed that I shouldn't be experiencing the sinus which issues I do. Was trying to schedule an appointment with an ear-nose-throat doctor to get checked for a deviated septum, per the recommendation of a friend whom also had similar allergy-like issues and no known serious allergies and d.s. was their issue, however quarantine started and I am not in a rush to make optional trips to new doctors in the middle of a pandemic.  
Thankfully I've been able to continue working during the pandemic and have been steadily paying off my student loans. In April my college laptop died and I downgraded to a backup, the specs of which would make it difficult to play many games even if it didn't have a damaged fan, which I am grateful to have had on hand because having at least this office work laptop does mean that buying a new PC is not an emergency.

While it would be nice to hop into some games with friends and there are a few low spec games which I can run smoothly enough, [OSRS, RotMG, Risk of Rain, etc], I've found myself to be reading, doing more programming, and even doodling again all of which have been incredibly therapeutic. Caught up on a few TV shows but overall finding that I am still not a huge fan of television anymore, and if I'm going to watch something I am streaming it anyway.   
I am extraordinarily introverted so the minimized social interactions has been pretty nice in my book; I have dodged 7 family gatherings which are unofficial traditions and would waste the vast majority of the day which they occur on thanks to social distancing protocols, if it sounds cynical then I am a cynic. Since March I have only spent ANY time in person with 4 friends, all of whom have their own personal reasons for strictly abiding by pandemic safety protocols; for some unknown reason 1 of them has been actively avoiding me for over a week now, not sure what's up about that (that is to say, what I did to piss him off) but he has been responding to one of my other friends so I know [he is alive and well enough, it is specifically me he suddenly has some issue with] so I guess that it's not really my problem? I mean, if he wanted to talk he'd open the message which I sent on the 8th OR just send me a text or give me a call; I remember him being socially unavailable the 5th and 6th as well but I still have tangible proof of the more recent, and still unopened, messages on a platform which I know that he's actively responding to other people on.

Looking forward to cooler weather. Looking forward to a better 2021. 

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:09:00 GMT -7 by Deleted
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Sept 27, 2020 3:49:10 GMT -7

It's been a bit of an annoying year, mainly due to social media and news stations blasting the same garbage and propaganda over and over. That said, if you can avoid those toxic lines of communication and information you'll probably do just fine as long as your job isn't effected due to this whole 'covid-19' nonsense. I really wanted to be super productive this year, however, I find myself so burnt out after work that I haven't been working on my own personal projects, which is a total shame. Hopefully, I find the willpower and energy to move forward with my ideas sooner than later.

I hope you all are doing well this 2020!
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
kettyfletty Avatar
kettyfletty GB Newbie *

Post by kettyfletty on Oct 8, 2020 5:08:18 GMT -7

2020 turned out to be a very difficult year morally, few people managed to miss all this mass psychosis with Covid-19. With a huge amount of time spent at home - performance has fallen to a minimum. At first I thought I was the only one. But after talking with friends, I realized that this phenomenon is widespread :( Before the epidemic, I managed to do 2 times more different tasks at work than I do now at home almost without work. This is a strange pattern. Let's see what next year has in store for us. I would like to see changes for the better. Good luck to all! Take care Take care of yourself.
Last edited Oct 8, 2020 5:11:34 GMT -7 by kettyfletty