Solved
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Dec 31, 2018 11:49:47 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
View Attachment

Chrome is telling me to proceed with caution. Has GamingBoards got a secure socket layer installed? I've attached an image if that is any help. 

Log in, purchase areas and anytime sensitive information is handled is all sent over SSL. Public posts aren't held on a secure server, as there's little to no reason to do so. Although, soon we'll be implementing SSL/HTTPS over the entire forum for those who don't fully understand the system to feel more at ease.
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 2, 2019 7:47:08 GMT -7

Jon Avatar
xxinfectedxx Avatar

Chrome is telling me to proceed with caution. Has GamingBoards got a secure socket layer installed? I've attached an image if that is any help. 
Log in, purchase areas and anytime sensitive information is handled is all sent over SSL. Public posts aren't held on a secure server, as there's little to no reason to do so. Although, soon we'll be implementing SSL/HTTPS over the entire forum for those who don't fully understand the system to feel more at ease.
Great to see the implementation here and thank you for clearing this up. Do you have any time-frame to when your planning to implement the site wide SSL? Look forward to the release, but for now I'm requesting you archive and lock this topic as it's solved. 
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 2, 2019 8:10:34 GMT -7

Hey, we've been trying to get it implemented for years, we're waiting on ProBoards (the framework which this forum is built upon) to roll out their new version; we sadly do not have a ton of direct control over getting our own SSL outside of migrating the site to a new platform and hoping everything still works. 
ProBoards has been delaying the release forever now, but hopefully soon, we are also looking forward to it.