thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Jan 14, 2019 12:44:31 GMT -7

oo Avatar
Yeah, as simple as that.
I drive trains, if you ask :P
Honestly, that sounds great. I love trains so it would be a pretty good job for me  :D . Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? It would be interesting to see what type of trains you get to drive. And how hard is it to remember exactly where to start braking for stations?

I am currently a student so that's what I do for a living although I will probably need to find a job next year.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Post by demarco on Jan 14, 2019 19:11:26 GMT -7

I am a financial consultant for a large financial firm. I used those techniques learned at my job to make 200M on RuneScape over 6 months. I am however in the early stages and am on disability for Autism. Other then that I am a finance doctorate student.

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 30, 2019 7:34:01 GMT -7

I work as a Customer Service Assistant at a local superstore. I've been working in retail for over two years now. I enjoy helping and serving customers to the best of my ability and helping to solve any problems our customers may have. Everyday is a new experience and I learn something new each day I work.
Last edited Jan 30, 2019 7:34:09 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
TakiTsuHiko Avatar
TakiTsuHiko GB Newbie *
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Lord Tuba Blueba Avatar
Lord Tuba Blueba GB Regular **

Post by Lord Tuba Blueba on May 24, 2019 22:05:12 GMT -7

Engineering, mind you, I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I'm working at a furniture company now doing AutoCAD and CNC programming. Latest project was a 3 stage height adjustable media lectern. That was fun.
braindeadgenius Avatar
braindeadgenius GB Newbie *
Tipsy Blonde Avatar
Tipsy Blonde GB Regular **
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:03:44 GMT -7 by Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Feb 2, 2020 0:09:17 GMT -7

As mentioned in another topic im a technical support engineer for a telecoms company.

So i support people with broadband and phone line issues mainly but also other connectivity types like E-mail, business lines (leased lines) SIP trunks, VOIP phones, general computing and mobiles.

It can be a hard job especially when a supplier is having issues / outages and every man and his dog is calling in to let you know lol not forgetting the awkward types who are "trying" to run a business and call you every 15 mins for an update and what "we are going to do to fix it".

Although we get our updates on such matters via the status pages and being it's a supplier having the issue we have no control over it.

In addition most always say "oh well done you have ruined my morning / day / night etc" .. It's not as though outages or faults are planned or we just think ohh im bored lets go and cut off service for millions of people lol

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:07:20 GMT -7 by Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Aug 5, 2020 18:03:35 GMT -7

andrew Avatar
@daveb86 ,

I get a similar reaction from customers where I work. If, let's say, a particular function, button, or feature doesn't work (or work the way they think it should) in the software, I get the occasional chewing out with something like "why did you write it like that?" or "when are you going to fix this?" and I'm thinking (because I surely can't say it) that I didn't write this crap in the first place, and if I did, I wouldn't be working way down in tech support." Of course they know I had no part in it but it does get more annoying than frustrating hearing it.

Definitely true @andrew

Maybe one day they will understand but not likely!