Skip Navigation

Pen and paper games.

bloodmancer Avatar
bloodmancer GB Newbie *
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 14, 2018 7:40:44 GMT -7

Pen and Paper games, huh? It's something I've never really looked into or have played in the past, at least not enough to remember anyway. You've created these? That sounds pretty cool. You should share some of your projects with the community. ::)
bloodmancer Avatar
bloodmancer GB Newbie *

Post by bloodmancer on Oct 14, 2018 12:28:08 GMT -7

Jon Avatar
Pen and Paper games, huh? It's something I've never really looked into or have played in the past, at least not enough to remember anyway. You've created these? That sounds pretty cool. You should share some of your projects with the community. ::)
I have a few projects that I can share. One is currently in work and another I just started. So might share those a little. I'm currently working on a game where you play as a star ship captain, outfitting your own craft and commanding it in fleet combat.

Another one just started where you create a faction and attempt to control the wastelands of Asia, Africa and Europe.
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 6, 2018 3:45:28 GMT -7

It's been a long time since I did not play this. Unfortunately i do not know the english name, but i used to play the one which you select a letter "for example, V" , and you have to name: Food, names, places, drinks, etc... against your friends, with some time.
jerlene Avatar
jerlene GB Newbie *

Post by jerlene on Nov 22, 2018 22:45:32 GMT -7

My girlfriend and I had a home date in the yard one day. She came up with a game for us. We would each write a bunch of things down on a piece of paper and stick it in a hat. We would take turns picking one with our eyes closed then drawing it on a full sheet of paper without looking and the other one had to guess what it was. Fun game.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Dec 14, 2018 13:13:51 GMT -7

I guess the most complex one that I can think of is Dungeons and Dragons. That game really interests me but I just don't think I would ever actually get into it. The pen and paper games that I have played are just the square game and knots & crosses. I'm actually not sure what the name for it is but I just call it the square game. It's where you have dots and you have to draw a line to try and create a square. The person with the most squares then wins of course.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Lord Tuba Blueba Avatar
Lord Tuba Blueba GB Regular **

Post by Lord Tuba Blueba on May 24, 2019 20:22:47 GMT -7

Dungeons and Dragons. This game has held me captive for longer than I would like to admit. It really is a good time, and easy way to burn hours when you've got a good group.
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:03:51 GMT -7 by Deleted
Kaynil Avatar
Kaynil GB Newbie *

Post by Kaynil on Jan 17, 2020 10:14:54 GMT -7

I don't mind to have pen and paper games. it can be quite entertaining. I don't know the names of several and even if I did I doubt it is the same name in English as it is in Spanish, the way I learned them.

One of the quick ones to have class was gutted numbers, where we would take a piece of paper and draw in disarray different pairs of numbers, the more numbers the bigger the challenge. That's the set-up. To play each person takes turns connecting the numbers, you can move as intricate as you'd like but you should never touch anything else that isn't the numbers you are pairing, So starting can be easy but then you can screw yourself over for the last numbers because you decided to zigzag fr no reasons around other numbers. If you touched a line or a different number thatw as the end of the turn and you had to skip the next one.

There was also the fake interviews. people asking you questions and just writing down your answers. It turns out that those innocent questions you answered are not the ones they will show the rest. So, for example, question one you hear is "Do you like sunny days?" so the majority will say yes, and asks questions to describe say coffee then when they reveal the real question, they read them with your answers so it ends up sounding like a completely different topic of the interview and you sound pretty off character.

There was the "Basta" game, where we had different columns, like object, fruit, animal, color, country, etc. The used the honor system to get a letter: Asking the person to start going through the alphabet in their minds and then we'd say "Basta" as in "enough!"and they'll say the letter they were in. Then we all had to fill down each column with something starting with that letter. The first person that filled them all would say "Basta" and we all had to drop the pencils. Then we share by column our writing. It was 100p if no one else thought in the same point, 50 for each if it was repeated. Minus 100 if you made it up. It sounds simple but when we were into the game there was strategy too, you don't want to write down the easiest thing because it is more likely the rest will think of it, so we actually got our fancy vocabulary if we could to get away with raking the most points. of course, you couldn't think too much or you'd be far from finishing by the time "basta" was called.

I remember a few more, but I doubt I even making sense, haha.
Tic-tac-toe was probably one of the classics I played with everyone.
kettyfletty Avatar
kettyfletty GB Newbie *

Post by kettyfletty on Jul 6, 2020 6:26:48 GMT -7

Hello, everyone. I know something about paper games. When I was a student, our company was locked in a room for a whole day. (Don't ask why  :) ) We were very bored. At that time (2000), we did not have mobile phones. We didn't know what to do. However, we had a notebook and a pen. And we drew playing cards. Each of the 4 people drew a card suit. So we are a few hours and played those homemade cards until such time as we are not liberated :)
Last edited Jul 7, 2020 0:13:17 GMT -7 by kettyfletty
Deleted Avatar
Deleted