Skip Navigation

Who Am I?

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Who Am I? Posted Sept 2, 2018 8:31:11 GMT -7

Post by Jon on Sept 2, 2018 8:31:11 GMT -7

Hello GamingBoards.net!

My name is Andrew. It's a pleasure to meet you!

I have been a member of the ProBoards community since the late V2/beginning V3 era (going on 14.5 years!). I have been on both sides of ProBoards experience as a regular user and a staff member, and have enjoyed it through and through. I was in my early teens when I joined ProBoards (yes, I was at least 13 per COPPA), and it, as a whole looking back, grew over the years and became my safe haven, family, and source for various aspects of inspiration and experience, and will give me many memories for years to come. Some of my best friends that I met on my or other forums are still close friends in real life. I administered several then-successful forums back during the early days and ranged in every staff capacity from primary, co, or sole Admin, a GMod, a Mod, and various custom staff roles in between. I have been a member of countless current and past forums, and a guest of many more, including GamingBoards.net.

Although I have been a lurker of GB for a long time, I never joined it I would say it's partly because somewhere over the many years of investing myself in ProBoards, I hit a point where I needed to divest myself and take a break from being in any leadership capacity, or cull back my regular user capacity, as I had many non-forum life responsibilities that were taking precedence, including just growing older and experiencing new and different parts of life. I have never lost touch with ProBoards and still to this day I am on ProBoards Support lending a hand when I can to fellow peers in the community. I have finally decided to join GamingBoards.net today after my long hiatus, as I'll call it.

I look forward to engaging with everyone and enjoying the immersive gaming experiences we all love.

Andrew

Hey Andrew!

It's great to see another ProBoards enthusiast amongst us! Our community here was founded back in 2005 so we've been growing through the years with PB - and I'm definitely satisfied with how the far we've made it here at GamingBoards.net alongside PB. It's always nice to have an experienced PB community member with us as we're still showing many members the ropes around here. I'm glad you've decided to make the move from lurker to registered, and hopefully active member.  ::)

Hopefully, GamingBoards is able to provide you with plenty of gaming-related reading material and I look forward to seeing what you have to share with the community, and questions just ask! Take care, and welcome to our amazing community of gamers!

GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Who Am I? Posted Sept 2, 2018 10:15:56 GMT -7

Post by GamingLyfe on Sept 2, 2018 10:15:56 GMT -7

Hey @andrew, welcome to GamingBoards.net. If you're a gaming enthusiast I'm sure you'll love it here. GB has plenty of guides, reviews, discussions, and even a Coffee Time board if you feel like mixing up the discussion. Always happy to welcome a new gamer to our community, hope to see you around!
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Who Am I? Posted Sept 2, 2018 12:14:54 GMT -7

Post by megannatasha on Sept 2, 2018 12:14:54 GMT -7

Welcome to our community of Gamers, @andrew ! If you love gaming and gaming based discussions(and it looks like you do) you'll fit right in. :) It's a huge plus that you're already familiar with this community and it's functionality. Catch you around the boards! :D
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 7:53:45 GMT -7 by Deleted
pnutty4eva Avatar
pnutty4eva GB Regular **
Who Am I? Posted Sept 15, 2018 13:21:10 GMT -7

Post by pnutty4eva on Sept 15, 2018 13:21:10 GMT -7

Welcome, Andrew,

What games do you play?

Hope to see you around here regardless, so many parts of GamingBoards can participate in.

=)

pnutty4eva (l4dylight on rs)
Last edited Sept 16, 2018 10:36:31 GMT -7 by Jon
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **
Who Am I? Posted Sept 15, 2018 13:36:39 GMT -7

Post by vedraii on Sept 15, 2018 13:36:39 GMT -7

Welcome aboard Andrew :D

It's nice to see new people join in the conversation, whether they are long time lurkers or not! And as a none ProBoard expert, I have to say that you used a lot of terms that are not familiar to be so I will simply smile and nod :).
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 7:57:34 GMT -7 by Deleted
Important Avatar
Important GB Newbie *
Who Am I? Posted Sept 23, 2018 10:17:12 GMT -7

Post by Important on Sept 23, 2018 10:17:12 GMT -7

Welcome to the community, Andrew!  Glad you finally decided to join up- we're happy to have you here!

Looking forward to our future interactions.
~Important~