Skip Navigation

Star Citizen

Review
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jun 18, 2018 9:11:09 GMT -7

Star Citizen is a long anticipated Massive Multiplayer Online(MMO) combat game held in the 30th-century Milky Way and features a trading system with upgrade-able personal aircraft, a single-player campaign, and much, much more. Star Citizen has been under development by Cloud Imperium Games since 2011 and originally planned for release in 2014 for PC and Linux. Star Citizen definitely offers something we haven't seen before, an open-world(sandbox) game based in space which puts complete control in the hands of the player. Explore different planets while discovering new items for use or trade, and take over factories, mines, and more. From RobertsSpacesIndustries.com: "Star Citizen's ships don't just look good, they fly with a detailed Newtonian physics engine" - this shows some serious investment as they're clearly seeking perfection, or at least as close as they can get. When you're not miles high in space, grab a weapon and ground vehicle while exploring outlawed planets riddled by destruction between ventures with your capital ship. Chris Roberts, the creator of Star Citizen states "I don't want to build a game. I want to build a universe.", and claims Star Citizen players can expect constant updates after it's release. This game is absolutely something worth getting excited over, although it's been a long-awaited release that has many fans disgruntled, we think it'll be well worth the wait.

Star Citizen: PC Gaming 2018 Persistent Universe Trailer - By: Star Citizen

Last edited Jul 5, 2018 11:09:44 GMT -7 by Jon
meowsepad Avatar
meowsepad GB Newbie *

Post by meowsepad on Jul 5, 2018 9:03:41 GMT -7

To me, it's kind of annoying when games claim to be the first open-world sandbox game that gives control to players. Richard Garriott did that with Ultima Online all the way back in the late 1990s. It may not have been quite as sophisticated as the newer games, but I don't like it when they claim to have invented the concept.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Aug 6, 2018 12:23:01 GMT -7

I keep hearing about this game but I have never properly looked into it. I have to say that it looks pretty good and if it eventually comes out, it will be a great game, that like said above, will be popular for a long time. I just hope that they don't make too many mistakes with both the timeline and the game itself. If they keep delaying it, at some point, people are going to get frustrated and get annoyed. And I hope they don't make mistakes, because the game has been hyped so much the disappointment would kill the game.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Deleted Avatar
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2019 7:19:25 GMT -7

This was my first hearing about this game. It sounds like a really fun game. I don't think I've ever played an open-world space game looks like a lot of fun. If and or when I get a computer that can handle such games and if the game ever releases I'd like to check this one out sometime.