M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

Safecracking: It's 700k xp/h, if you actually do it right

Guide
dadajeep Avatar
dadajeep GB Gamer ***
Last edited Jun 22, 2018 18:38:55 GMT -7 by Jon
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
ricote Avatar
ricote GB Newbie *
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jan 2, 2019 8:21:13 GMT -7

I still haven't tried this!! Safecracking came out right when I finished grinding for the thieving levels to finish Rocking Out (latest Pirate quest - good, hearrrty story line). I was so tired of thieving by that point. Bad timing on my end lol. It was a couple mil XP in a span of a few days on those Pollnivneach thugs.
sig
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on Feb 20, 2019 15:49:32 GMT -7

Great info Ben,

I just started doing it to try it out and I highly recommend it.
Here's a few tips I would add do all 4 of the capers in the thieving guild before starting safecracking.
When starting out always exchange extra items for pilfer points and use them to upgrade your loot bag.
Only fence your loot bag when it is at 100% or as close to it as possible.
If you are lower level and starting out in lumby, I found starting at the castle, edgeville, draynor manor, draynor village, wizards tower, lumby, lumby was great. The small bag filled in 1 or 2 trips so you end by the theiving guild and can empty your bag right away. (ONLY START IN VERROCK IF YOU HAVE 65 THIEVING YOU NEED 65 THIEVING TO PICK THE LOCK ON THE TREASURE ROOM DOOR. ALL OTHER CHESTS IN THE 1ST CIRCUIT ARE 62 THIEVING)
Also Black Ibis outfit does give xp on top of safecracking so if you have it wear it.
Miss Dilema Avatar
Miss Dilema GB Newbie *
scagavan Avatar
scagavan GB Newbie *
ali Avatar
ali GB Newbie *
zipzop23 Avatar
zipzop23 GB Newbie *
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on Dec 25, 2019 3:05:23 GMT -7

I agree with Black Ibis outfit being a waste of time, but that is only if you farm the pieces yourself. As numerous people in the RS3 community have pointed out, getting the Black Ibis outfit from Vic the Trader during his events is totally worth it and is one of the few, if not the only skilling outfit you should buy during Vic the Trader events.
M3RCILESS on RuneClan