Skip Navigation

mario kart n64?

Discussion
skeetowns4 Avatar
skeetowns4 GB Newbie *
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on May 11, 2018 7:37:53 GMT -7

I could have sworn there was already already a thread on this, shouldn't this be in the Nintendo Board? I guess it is technically old-school so maybe it could fit in both boards :P Annnyway. Mario Kart 64 was, and still is, an amazing game that's fun for the whole family. What's more fun than having a competitive race in go-karts while trying to sabotage your opponents on the track by dropping bananas to spin them out or knocking them over the head with a giant turtle shell? (rofl)

Nintendo 64 Longplay [002] Mario Kart 64 - By: World of Longplays

Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on May 15, 2018 10:41:05 GMT -7

Mario Kart 64 is one of those games you automatically assume everyone you meet, regardless of their current gaming taste, has played at one time or another. This game is an absolute ball with friends/family, online, or even rocking it solo. I'm so happy Nintendo decided to continue this amazing legacy. I remember playing Mario Kart 64 in my younger days and the time played was filled with smiles and laughter. Love it! :D
fantanoice Avatar
fantanoice GB Newbie *

Post by fantanoice on Jun 19, 2018 4:40:33 GMT -7

This was my first Mario Kart game and the first game I owned on Nintendo 64. I have a lot of fond memories playing it with my Mum and siblings growing up.

I entered a tournament for it recently and came second overall. It was double elimination and I won the winners final but lost in the actual final. Unfortunate but it was still fun.

Also picked up a Japanese N64 and the game while I was over there earlier this year so I may start speedrunning it soon. Guess we'll wait and see.
Aussie Game Developer. Let me know your favourite podcast.
princesszelda Avatar
princesszelda GB Newbie *

Post by princesszelda on Apr 1, 2019 2:04:12 GMT -7

This was also my first Mario Kart game ever owned and played, and over the years it has become increasingly difficult to drift and control my cart for whatever reason. Maybe I'm just spoiled with all of the newer gen Mario Kart games hehe
ravenfreak Avatar
ravenfreak GB Newbie *

Post by ravenfreak on May 5, 2019 17:25:11 GMT -7

I only played this game once at a local get together when I went to college back in '10. However I have played Double Dash, and I think that game had the same tracks as Mario Kart 64 IIRC. :P
Tipsy Blonde Avatar
Tipsy Blonde GB Regular **

Post by Tipsy Blonde on May 7, 2019 3:44:19 GMT -7

if you have never played Mario kart I don't think we can ever be friends or even talk. this game was/is so amazing and always be amazing. a lot of friendships lost playing this game and a lot of controllers broken that's for sure
Lord Tuba Blueba Avatar
Lord Tuba Blueba GB Regular **