Skip Navigation

Have you played Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition?

Question
Queen Avatar
Queen GB Newbie *

Post by Queen on Feb 14, 2018 7:36:28 GMT -7

If you haven't heard of this game previously, it is advertised as the mobile version of the Final Fantasy XV that we know on PlayStation 4. Other than the characters modeled in their chibi version, they said that most of the other features (including battles) are just like on the console. That sounds like a bold claim because we can hardly compare PlayStation and the mobile phones, doesn't it? Unfortunately, only the first chapter is free.

megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****

Post by megannatasha on Feb 15, 2018 10:20:29 GMT -7

I've never got into the Final Fantasy games, although they do look very interesting. I feel like it's hard to start now since I've missed so much already, even though I'm sure it would still be great entertainment. From what I've seen of the latest FF releases, I find myself slightly doubtful this "pocket edition" could match it's game-play, especially in battle. It does look like a very well constructed game and I'm sure Hironobu Sakaguchi would protect the franchise and the quality of their games. 

Thanks for sharing, this could definitely be a great game for mobile/tablet devices! 
Queen Avatar
Queen GB Newbie *

Post by Queen on Feb 16, 2018 6:26:55 GMT -7

I understand that it may seem challenging to enter such a huge fanbase. It happens to me sometimes with other games. I do hope you'll try the series someday, though. There are 15 titles and some are really worth your time, more so if you like RPG games.

I ended up downloading the first chapter. I haven't found anything impressive, especially if we compare this one to the console version. It's like the other action games on the phone with variations on tap and touch gestures.
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****