Skip Navigation

Google Adsense

Discussion
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 6, 2018 3:49:38 GMT -7

Have you put ads on your site wit Adsense, how much revenue are you making a month? You may of banned falsely or legitimately so you are looking or have found a alternative. What alternatives to Adsense are there?
claraviolet Avatar
claraviolet GB Newbie *

Post by claraviolet on Jan 6, 2018 8:29:11 GMT -7

I have been using ad sense for almost 2 years now and so far, it's got 20$. I never knew that we can't make at least 10$ a month using ads. Well, the forum is small, but even so, I thought the revenue would cover at least half of the hosting cost and such....but what can I say, it's not the case in reality.

I really wish I could get some more money using ads but it's just an empty wish now.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 6, 2018 10:02:12 GMT -7

I had created an Adf.ly account back during my senior year of highschool, made a few random links, placed them in kind of random places, forgot about the account, decided to check on it after reading this post and, after a password reset, discover I've made 11 cents in the past 4 years.
There's a 5$ minimum for payouts.

Again, I don't know if any of the links I created are still live somewhere, but it isn't really a good solution, it was just a novelty I decided to test out in high school; and quickly stopped caring about.
Although... at this point I could create a script to overwrite DNS defaults for certain sites with my adf.ly links, but I assume that's probably against ToS or some laws somewhere probably...
Might be a fun project to make for the sake of itself though.

EDIT: If you have any interest in adf.ly feel free to follow my referral link here, just don't go posting adf.ly links all over our forum, it probably won't make too happy (or me), that referral-link is the only one I will post on our forum. Jon if you want to remove it, go right ahead.
Last edited Jan 6, 2018 10:12:59 GMT -7 by Nergal: referral link

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 23, 2018 10:53:55 GMT -7

Nergal Avatar
I had created an Adf.ly account back during my senior year of highschool, made a few random links, placed them in kind of random places, forgot about the account, decided to check on it after reading this post and, after a password reset, discover I've made 11 cents in the past 4 years.
There's a 5$ minimum for payouts.

Again, I don't know if any of the links I created are still live somewhere, but it isn't really a good solution, it was just a novelty I decided to test out in high school; and quickly stopped caring about.
Although... at this point I could create a script to overwrite DNS defaults for certain sites with my adf.ly links, but I assume that's probably against ToS or some laws somewhere probably...
Might be a fun project to make for the sake of itself though.

EDIT: If you have any interest in adf.ly feel free to follow my referral link here, just don't go posting adf.ly links all over our forum, it probably won't make too happy (or me), that referral-link is the only one I will post on our forum. Jon if you want to remove it, go right ahead.
I already have a Ad.fly account, but don't use it. The minimum pay out is high and you to get a lot of clicks on your referral link to cash out. It has to be legit traffic too.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 11, 2018 10:58:19 GMT -7

This interest me a lot; I'm not much into internet ADS, and I do not know how they work.
I guess you need to have specific traffic on your website, am I right? how does it work?
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Nov 22, 2018 2:48:35 GMT -7

I can't speak for now - but around 2011 I had made around $100/mo I think. Anyway, SEO got way tougher - so I moved on to other things.

OK, well, the $100 was also complimented by an equal or greater amount coming from Indeed ads.
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 22, 2018 9:36:11 GMT -7

oo Avatar
This interest me a lot; I'm not much into internet ADS, and I do not know how they work.
I guess you need to have specific traffic on your website, am I right? how does it work?
It depends a lot on the party paying you to advertise on your site.
Many Ad Vendors attempt to use cookies to provide more relevant ads to the traffic you generate, others allow you to choose what products you directly advertise (though these are often referred to affiliate marketing campaigns rather than advertising).

It's all just fancy talk for manipulative spam but the advertisers don't like to think that.

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Dec 14, 2018 13:32:19 GMT -7

thejason Avatar
I can't speak for now - but around 2011 I had made around $100/mo I think. Anyway, SEO got way tougher - so I moved on to other things.

OK, well, the $100 was also complimented by an equal or greater amount coming from Indeed ads.
What were you running if you don't mind me asking? $100 a month is very good. It's a shame that SEO got tougher and you had to move to other things. I've had several sites with Google Adsense but none of them was as good as it was for thejason. I had a money making blog that did decently and I made around £10 from it using Google Adsense. And then I made another £10 from several other sites, usually small amounts from each site. 

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
thejason Avatar
thejason GB Gamer ***

Post by thejason on Jan 5, 2020 22:40:47 GMT -7

ash Avatar
thejason Avatar

What were you running if you don't mind me asking? $100 a month is very good. It's a shame that SEO got tougher and you had to move to other things. I've had several sites with Google Adsense but none of them was as good as it was for thejason. I had a money making blog that did decently and I made around £10 from it using Google Adsense. And then I made another £10 from several other sites, usually small amounts from each site. 
It was ads linking to an employment site.  Well, I suppose employment does very well - cause people are going to employment sites - primarily to get jobs, not to mess around.  I mean, while they might appreciate employment articles - they are primarily "job searching".

Anyway, as of now - my current niche that I working on the most, music instruction, simply doesn't have the drive around it like employment does.  I mean, despite good material - it's way tougher to get money from people.

Last edited Jan 5, 2020 22:45:09 GMT -7 by thejason
Deleted Avatar
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Feb 1, 2020 23:53:10 GMT -7

It would seem that Google Adsense have recently got more strict over who they provision to allow to show ads.

Of late i have tried to use Google Ads on my websites but they keep rejecting my applications where as if i recall during the early days you just added the code .. the bots crawled the site and away you go.

Now seems to have a more human input in to what types of sites etc are accepted and allowed to serve ads.