Skip Navigation

Just Cause series

Review
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 15, 2017 11:45:16 GMT -7

I know there is a post in our Xbox section about Just Cause 2, as well as 'Just Cause 3', however, I wanted to start a thread in our PC Section since I've been playing JC2 lately on my Asus ROG 752VL laptop. JC2 is the second edition of the Just Cause series(1,2,3). I picked up a copy of JC2 on Steam since I've enjoyed the game on console so much. It is an action-packed sandbox/open world game similar to GTA, you can dominate in the air, on land, or even sea. It provides a great variety of weapons, vehicles, territory and missions to keep you busy for hours of exciting and action-packed gameplay.

One of my favorite features is the grappling hook, this allows you to grapple onto buildings and objects, and pull yourself towards them, or whilst mid-air, pulling your parachute to navigate the area with a birds eye view. You can also use the grappling hook to grab nearby enemies. The abilities are upgraded in JC3 allowing you to upgrade the grapple stength, deploy multiple hooks at once, and also tether and winch like abilities, which can lead to hours of endless fun and hilarity.

Another very neat perk in Just Cause is being able to call your black market dealer, a character you meet throughout the missions who will deliver weapons and vehicles to your location, as well as, extract you to other parts of the map for a dollar cost. This can be very handy when it comes to traveling from mission to mission, as well as when you're being banged up by the authorities and need a sturdy vehicle or destructive weapon to save the day.

This game has improved with each new release, I personally enjoy open world games more than most, although I understand for the most part they're on a different level than most games that aren't and can't be faily compared in some aspects. I would highly recommend you check this game out if you're into open world shooters.

Last edited Oct 15, 2017 12:06:22 GMT -7 by Jon
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Aug 9, 2018 9:35:10 GMT -7

I like the Just Cause series. I have watched a lot of Just Cause 3 videos and I really enjoyed them. Hope that the new Just Cause 4 will be even better. Between the way, there is a sale of the Just Cause series in Steam right now.
Kaynil Avatar
Kaynil GB Newbie *

Post by Kaynil on Nov 1, 2019 6:10:44 GMT -7

It sounds pretty handy to have a bundle collection with the first three games. Even on the thumbnail of the video, we can see the evolution of the series and how it has visually improved over the years.

I am not sure which game was it but a friend got one of them, I think Just Cause 3, with the PS Plus as one of the free games for that month and for what I saw, that game is pure joy. Zipping along, being a flying squirrel and detonating things with big explosions. Also, the ability to change vehicle when you're being chased is done ina pretty cool mechanic!

I wouldn't mind giving a go to the series. Do you guys recommend playing them all for story sake?
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:06:09 GMT -7 by Deleted