Skip Navigation

Android - Google Photos Update

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Aug 7, 2017 10:14:28 GMT -7

Holy shit, this has got to be one of the most annoying updates I've ever had forced on me.
 Before the update everything was FINE.
After update everything is slow, has extra confirmation screen to nearly every action you make in the app (deleting and sending photos etc). It's just awful.

I barely use my phone's picture management software, it is only a stepping stone before I offload to PC storage but now transfer takes like three times as long because of the bloatware they turned this shit into. ugghhhhhh

Then I had a System update today and thought, hmm maybe it resolved some of the issues they created, nah, no noticeable difference, same terrible load times. I don't even use the cloud related functions of the app but now every single step it seems to be checking that, even just VIEWING the images. I want to smash my phone with a hammer. 

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Aug 20, 2017 14:27:50 GMT -7

I use an iPhone so I can't relate. Although I know apps that are overly user-friendly and with long loading times don't usually go over too well with me. The modern world of tech is all about speed and reliability, and it doesn't sound like you're getting much of either here. :P Hopefully soon with enough user feedback on the faults, they'll come to their sense and release a patch.
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****