Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
sig
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 11, 2017 14:01:10 GMT -7

The new system looks pretty, however I feel like swapping runes on the fly isn't super practical as each switch requires multiple clicks (click current selection opens submenu to pick new item) and I think that's going to need to get streamlined. Luckily I have a few extra pages that I have prepared and can leave static, but at the default 2 that would be painful.

I like the idea of free runes however they made the champion grind significantly longer.

Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Nov 15, 2017 11:34:12 GMT -7

Yup, blue essence is dumb. I don't like that part at all.

Rune selection better get smoother too, both with players becoming more familiar with all the choices and a more intuitive selection process. It's not as easy as it should be to pick on the fly, but I like the direction.

What sucks though is the toughness of going into defensive runes for carries. Apparently tanks got their base stats buffed (I didn't check if this is true) to make up for not having the x9 armor/health/MR runes. But ADCs (and other squishies) don't get the very common x9 scaling health runes that were popular on them either.
sig
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 23, 2017 13:41:25 GMT -7

Finally got a Lux champion shard, upgraded to Mastery 7 (didn't want to spend 3900 blue essence on it, the shard only disenchants into like 680 BE so I saved ~3k).
With ZOE's release I have 25 Champions left to unlock. All 4,800 BE or more.
I have 4k BE and can roll for a random champion, but I don't know if I want to (I think the odds may be stacked against getting something I actually want).

Champions left to unlock 4800BE:
-Elise
-Graves
-Hecarim
-Nautilus
-Rengar
-Skarner
-Varus
-Viktor
-Zed

Champions left to unlock 6300BE:
-Aurelion Sol
-Camille
-Ekko
-Gnar
-Jhin
-Kalista
-Kindred
-Lucian
-Nami
-Rakan
-Rek'Sai
-Taliyah
-Vel'koz
-Xayah
-Zac
-Zoe

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 23, 2017 16:02:47 GMT -7

Of the champions I have left to unlock I would prioritize getting:
-Viktor
-Ekko
-Nami
-Rakan
-Taliyah
-Velkoz
-Zoe

But like, that's only 7/25, that I really WANT to unlock right now. Some of the others are OK and I wouldn't mind unlocking them but I don't particularly care for the ADC roll and 7 of the things I have left to unlock are marksmen.
That leaves me with like 11/25 that I'm Kinda neutral about.

So like 32% Chance of something I WANT.
44% chance I just don't care either way.
And a 32% chance I'm disappointed because I do not REALLY like playing marksmen enough to invest in another one that I'll barely play right now.
but regardless it's 850 Blue Essence (or more) cheaper than actually buying the thing and I'm tempted to gamble it.

The struggle is entirely artificial.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Dec 12, 2017 15:00:25 GMT -7

So i looked up how much I've spent on the game and asked a couple of friends of mine to do the same, discovered that I have spent hundreds (thousands in a few cases) of dollars less than my peers on the game and decided to say merry early christmas to me.
Got $15 worth of RP
Got Ekko on sale and rolled for 3 mystery champions. Recieved:
-Xayah
-Nami
-Kindred

Also I had just unlocked Velkoz through Hextech crafting a shard and some BE.

So 19 Champions to unlock now, 9 @4800 and 10 @6300 BE.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 25, 2018 12:47:39 GMT -7

There was a Blue Essence champion sale so I picked up Zed for 2400BE. I might suck at Zed but for that cheap I'll happily learn to play him.
Also re-rolled a couple skin shards I didn't want, ended up with an Amumu skin, now I have 3, I don't even play Amumu.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****