Skip Navigation

Sonic Adventure 2

Discussion
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Sept 17, 2023 21:05:10 GMT -7

I grew up on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube, but the version differences for the Dreamcast are relatively minor.  
Arguably the best 3D Sonic game, the last published to a SEGA Console and the first published on a Nintendo Console.  

Story missions are decent, 4 additional missions for each story stage, boss fights with/as each playable story character, Easter Eggs scattered throughout the maps, and a wonderful little pet sim which interacts with external peripheral devices letting you take your Chao on the go and/or to a friend's save.  

Some things are quirky and it isn't without its bugs; but something about the fast-pace action levels and the replayable missions which let you farm items for your goofy little pet while trying to perfect your runs just makes it a game that I find myself returning to over and over.  

It's been ported to newer consoles and even Steam so it can be enjoyed on modern hardware but I still consider it old school even if you choose to play the HD remaster, have you played these games before? What do you think of them?

Last edited Sept 17, 2023 21:11:11 GMT -7 by Nergal