Skip Navigation

Battlefield 2042 Beta

zzodiac Avatar
zzodiac GB Newbie *

Post by zzodiac on Oct 11, 2021 17:02:37 GMT -7

Evening my Battlefield friends!

As a long time Battlefield fan, I've had the chance to play just about every Battlefield released. As BF2042 is the first 'Modern Warfair' style battlefield game released since 2014, BF4. My expectations were quite high as both BF3 and BF4 were amazing games, but I'm not quite sure the BF 2042 Beta left me satisfied.

My Pros and Cons

Pros Include:
- Tactical Sprint.

- In-game weapon attachments.

- Parachute mobility.

- Level Design.

Cons Include:

- No more corner leaning (very disapointing).

- Very little control over weapon bullet spread.

- Over all optimization was bad.

- Menus are very arcade like.

- Vehical control mechanic makes controling them quite difficult.

Anyway, these are just some things I noticed while playing the Beta, but I guess that's largly the point in a Beata test. Did anyone else get the opportunity to play? Would like to hear some options?

HAGN, everyone!
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Oct 12, 2021 15:05:24 GMT -7

Unfortunately, I missed the Beta. That said, I totally look forward to Battlefield 2042's release on November.19th. I'd love to see us get a team together here @ GB!

Super strange they would remove corner leaning. As for the vehicle controls, I've always found BF to be a little 'different', I was never a huge fan of the handling but I suppose with time you can get use to just about anything.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the BF2042 Beta !
zzodiac Avatar
zzodiac GB Newbie *

Post by zzodiac on Oct 13, 2021 11:43:46 GMT -7

It is unfortunate, yeah. I even submitted the request to Battlefield. I really do hope it's something that they reconsider..

Looking forward to getting a team together as well! Rip it up!
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!