Skip Navigation

Pokemon R&B Anniversary

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:00:37 GMT -7 by Deleted
haze Avatar
haze GB Newbie *

Post by haze on Nov 22, 2018 11:11:32 GMT -7

Jesus, was it really 20 years ago? I would've only been about five at the time, that's madness. I actually still play it though even today, I just love the old-school look and feel and naturally, the chance to be surrounded by the original Pokemon. Far too many for me to keep count now, at least I know the vast majority of the originals haha.
ravenfreak Avatar
ravenfreak GB Newbie *

Post by ravenfreak on May 5, 2019 17:28:30 GMT -7

I love the Gen 1 games for two major reasons, they were my introduction to the series (like probably many people my age, I'm almost 29) and they're so broken it's amazing what you can do with the games because of this! xD I always pick Bulbasaur and find Charmander to be overrated. :P I first picked Squirtle as my starter when I got my copy of Blue, but I actually started with Yellow. (I got it from a friend but had to give it back as his mom accused me of stealing it... >_>) I discovered a glitch when I was 13 years old, and it's been documented on Glitch City. :)
Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:05:11 GMT -7 by Deleted
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jun 5, 2019 20:38:00 GMT -7

They were immensely broken, and all the more lovable for it.
I got Pokemon Yellow on my 3DS and just played through it for the first time a few months ago. It was a neat historical experience since growing up my first Pokemon games were all in Gen 3. I had Leafgreen for the GBA, so the Kanto-only game wasn't exactly new to me but the changes in the Engine between Gen 1 and 3 made Yellow a surprisingly different experience from Leafgreen.

I'm glad that I've now played through a Gen 1 title but I don't forsee myself doing so again. I would still want to play Crystal version though since I have played Soulsilver and am be seeking a similar looking-glass experience.