Skip Navigation

Age of Empires IV

Review
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Aug 9, 2018 8:42:42 GMT -7

Age of Empires IV is a long-awaited and much anticipated real-time strategy (RTS) game within the Age of Empires series. Fans have waited approximately 12 years for this release as of the time of this posting, largely relying on Age of Empires II to keep them distracted over the years as it was one of the most successful editions. All previous editions of the Age of Empires series were developed by Ensemble Studios which defunct in late Jan.2009. AOE 4 is now under development by Relic Entertainment based out of Vancouver, Canada, who have previously created hugely successful titles such as Warhammer, Homeworld, Company of Heros, and more. Although we expect to see Age of Empires IV released late 2019, we can't say for sure as unfortunately Relic Entertainment has yet to give us any information regarding a release date. Once we know you will too as we'll be keeping this information up to date. Since AOE 4 is published by Microsoft Studios and exclusively for Windows 10, there may be a possibility you could see AOE 4 come to the Xbox One X/S. You can expect much of the same gameplay in AOE 4 as we've seen in the previous releases, and judging by the concept art released thus far, you can also expect some new and returning civilizations. With a new developer and more than a decade between releases, we definitely expect to see a modern touch, more advanced AI, and upgraded game mechanics. If you're a fan of RTS, or the Age of Empires series, you will not want to miss this.

Age of Empires IV Announce Trailer - By: Windows

keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Aug 10, 2018 12:03:56 GMT -7

Omg I've played every Age of Empires since elementary school; it used to be my favorite game!! I'm really excited about this but I hope it doesn't get flubbed. I used to wololo all over the place, but I'm all played out of the first 3 games. I didn't even look at the definitive edition when it came out because it didn't really add anything. Let's go AoE4!
sig
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Aug 10, 2018 12:20:18 GMT -7

Age of Empires is an amazing classic strategy game, it takes serious skill to compete online. I'll be grabbing myself a copy of this for sure, can't wait! Hopefully they keep it as similar to the AOE we know as possible, I was always a huge fan of the custom mods/maps on multiplayer.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Aug 11, 2018 13:59:26 GMT -7

I love these types of strategy games but have never really got into them properly because most of the ones I have experienced have been on my Android smartphone. And I'm sure you guys already know that these strategy games are nothing like the ones on PC like Age of Empires. They are just full of microtransactions and behind time-walls where you have to wait for hours for something to be done to try and encourage micro-transactions. Is there a reason why they went from Age of Empires 2 to 4?

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
empire Avatar
empire GB Gamer ***
martin Avatar
martin GB Newbie *

Post by martin on Sept 21, 2018 5:38:58 GMT -7

I am really looking forward to this. I loved the Age of Empires titles when I was younger and have all the remastered/HD versions available to date. Having a new proper game in the series is great. I've seen they've released a mobile game or two over recent time but they aren't very good. Having a proper title with the current technology which has improved a lot over the time since the last title, suggests we are in for a treat with this game. It's the type of game I love - building an empire and taking over others. They have a lot to live up to though, with how good Age of Empires II was (I still play that very often). I can't wait to find out more.
gregory Avatar
gregory GB Newbie *
Leaf Avatar
Leaf GB Newbie *

Post by Leaf on Sept 29, 2018 19:35:47 GMT -7

I cannot wait to see how political correctness ruins this game or how much microtransactions there are considering that this is Micro$oft.

But whatever, at least, there is a pretty good free alternative in 0 A.D.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
Deleted Avatar
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2019 7:22:18 GMT -7

Oh my goodness! I haven't played Age of Empires since the old days! I sure hope they deliver on this game. Also, it's late 2019 does anyone know what the status of this game is?
Cheeserules8 Avatar
Cheeserules8 GB Gamer ***

Post by Cheeserules8 on Dec 25, 2019 2:40:21 GMT -7

I am really excited to see how this turns out. I honestly hope that they stay true to their roots and fanbase on this one and don't ruin the game or worse the franchise.