Skip Navigation

TV or Monitor?

antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 24, 2018 20:11:49 GMT -7

What's your setup look like? When you're playing games on your computer do you use a TV or monitor? Do you use dual monitors? 

I have a curved SONY TV I use to play games on. Really awesome peripherals and graphics this way. 
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 11, 2019 9:36:51 GMT -7

I'm more of a PC rather than a console gamer. Dual monitors just gives me to much to focus on so I tend to avoid. I have just the one and it's built into my Gaming Laptop. What's the resolution on your Sony?
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Feb 11, 2019 15:10:27 GMT -7

Dual monitors for sure!!! You can have your game up on screen and look up stuff on the other screen, like strategies or guides, maybe even watch a YouTube video. For RuneScape, I have Netflix open on the other screen so often. Must have for me.
sig
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 12, 2019 8:26:52 GMT -7

Lanbo Avatar
Dual monitors for sure!!! You can have your game up on screen and look up stuff on the other screen, like strategies or guides, maybe even watch a YouTube video. For RuneScape, I have Netflix open on the other screen so often. Must have for me.

What resolution and brand is your monitor? What did you originally pay for the dual? I'm glad to hear it works out for you although on the otherhand, personally, I find there is to much to concentrate on at one time. 
elli Avatar
elli GB Regular **

Post by elli on Feb 12, 2019 13:18:24 GMT -7

I have dual ASUS PB278Q monitors (27"). They're IPS panels, which is a screen type made for color accuracy and consistency. As a designer, this is very important to me. :) The added bonus is that games look amazing on them!
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
GamingLyfe Avatar
GamingLyfe GB Addict ****

Post by GamingLyfe on Feb 13, 2019 10:29:45 GMT -7

Dual monitors are definitely the way to go if you have space and can afford it. A friend of mine plays his Xbox One on a curved TV and it's quite nice, especially for the viewing angle.
Here to game and network with gamers alike, feel free to message me!
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Feb 13, 2019 13:13:23 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
Lanbo Avatar
What resolution and brand is your monitor? What did you originally pay for the dual?
They were pretty cheap, like $79 USD lol. They're just 21" Dells (1920x1080). When I moved to my apartment, I ordered some nicer ones on Amazon and they never arrived. Spoke with Amazon for months and they wouldn't give me my money back or any monitors. Sucks.

I have two 27" Acer monitors for my work computer at home though! They're great :D 
Last edited Feb 13, 2019 14:14:18 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig