Skip Navigation

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Review
Jon Avatar
Jon GB Staff *****

Post by Jon on Jun 24, 2018 22:14:25 GMT -7

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is an upcoming 4K compatible platform-adventure game developed by Moon Studios for the PC and Xbox One, set for release sometime during 2019. Platform video game lovers behold! This game is a sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest which was released in 2015. Play as Ori, a guardian spirit, as you're tasked with solving different puzzles while you move between platforms. Ori and the Will of the Wisps is sure to grab your attention as it takes you on a wonderful journey. You'll explore beautifully crafted locations as you try to conquer the large levels without being too distracted by the amazing environment around you. You'll want to keep a close eye out as you're sure to explore each platform numerous times while using new abilities to unlock areas which were previously inaccessible. This game is something the whole family can enjoy, stay tuned for updates!

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - E3 2018 - Gameplay Trailer - By: Xbox

Last edited Jun 24, 2018 22:16:00 GMT -7 by Jon
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on Aug 22, 2018 5:46:57 GMT -7

As with most games nowadays, even such a simple idea as a platform game means you get some amazing graphics to go along with it. The game looks absolutely beautiful. And I'm sure that with it being a 4K compatible game, it will look even better for anyone with a 4K television and console. I love that the game is suitable for the whole family now as well. We don't really get that nowadays with games, most of them are now developed and built for individuals to enjoy by themselves. But with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, you can get your whole family to be around the TV and play with each other.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Kaynil Avatar
Kaynil GB Newbie *

Post by Kaynil on Nov 1, 2019 6:04:35 GMT -7

I was just curious to try a demo that was available for the Nintendo Switch.

I didn't try the first game, but this one, from what I can see is pretty interesting. The images are gorgeous. I really like the work they've done with the background to simulate a deepness so much bigger than what you're used to in games like these. That scene with teh spirit jumping in an area with the snowed on pines really shows a great job to keep the perspective. The animations seem pretty smooth too.

Even without the 4K, I think it is pretty cool we're seeing a second air for scrolling adventures and that we can enjoy a big range from simple design to breathtaking ones like this game seems to be.