Skip Navigation
M3RCILESS Clan Mascot

~Nergal Progress 2019~

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 7, 2019 18:55:56 GMT -7

Starting this a week late, RIP. Have been playing more OSRS than RS3 thus far this year though.

2018 Recap of Goals I had for last year:
Max Cape - The major goal Complete!

PVM Gear (I still really want to get into some more bossing.) Got a few pieces of ports armor, and the Mining Smithing rework has me covered for melee starting today anyway.

Nox Scythe - Augmented Dragon Rider Lance has been serving me quite well for now.

Nox Bow
- Picked up Decimation, which I love, though I still want the aforementioned Nox Weapons someday.

Ports Armor Set
- Pieces

Sunshine and Death's Swiftness Abilities
- CHECK
Devotion
-CHECK
Sacrifice
 -CHECK
Nihils
 -CHECK
Dreadnips
- Ooof (was working on it though, getting closer)
Sunspear
 -CHECK

The Achievment Diaries
- Most of them done now, should be done with these this year.

Quest Cape (I miss my quest cape, not in a huge rush to get it back though.)

Comp Cape Tasks and Misc Goals (If I get some of these done, sweet but not really rushing them.):

Flash Powder Factory Outfit (free potion doses)
- Hahah, nope not yet
Livid Farm Spells
- NOPE
Bones to Peaches Spell
 -CHECK
Soul Altar
- NOPE (although I have the Menaphos Reputation needed)
Reaper Title
- HAHAH, nope!
Runespan Prestige
- One tier left, around 80 hours up there though, yikes.
Yaktwee Stick
- Nope
Arc Miniquests
- Some
Elven Titles
- Most (2 left I think)
Memoriam Crystals
- Prif ones, not Freneske
Rush of Blood
- Practice mode so far
Aquarium Prawn Perks -CHECK

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 7, 2019 19:24:10 GMT -7

Woke up, logged in to do Dungeoneering Daily, discovered Mining and Smithing rework is live, PANIC.

The Mining and Smithing rework is something which I have been anticipating for a long time, years now but better late than never I suppose.
I had a bunch of alchables on one of my alt accounts and I might have been screwed by salvage BUT I don't want to look into that right now. Replaced my Dragon Pickax with an Elder Rune Pickax, cost under a million gold which seems silly since the Dragon Pick was around 13m when I added it to my toolbelt but no complaints since I can build my own T90 and T92 armors now.

I've upgraded my Elder Rune Pickax to +2 already with ores I collected since the rework went live.
I built an ore box and upgraded through each tier from scratch up to elder rune and learned where to find the new mining nodes.

I have 0 confidence in prices of any ores or bars right now, I'm sure I could have turned a quick profit earlier in the day but I decided to just casually work towards my own set of Elder Rune +5 armor so that I can work towards the T92 Masterwork armor.
I have collected all of the Rune Bars which I need to turn into Elder Rune however I still need 129 more Dark Animica and 184 more Light Animica ores to make the Elder Rune bars which I need.

I could easily get those ores tonight but I'm taking a break to complete the "Everything is Oresome" achievement and increase the capacity of my ore box.

Assuming speeds of mining don't get nerfed overnight, I should have the full Elder Rune +5 outfit tomorrow, probably while enjoying my morning tea.

Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jan 7, 2019 22:37:18 GMT -7

Nergal Avatar
Assuming speeds of mining don't get nerfed overnight, I should have the full Elder Rune +5 outfit tomorrow, probably while enjoying my morning tea.
Speeds seem insane; this AFK XP is outta control. I'm really hoping it doesn't get nerfed.

I don't think you'll get screwed for the rune equipment you kept; salvage should be fine. I think people who kept adamant/rune ores/bars are the ones who lost the most (incl. me). I'm not upset since I'll be using the rune ores and bars anyway for elder rune. 

Looking forward to another year For Nergress!
sig
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 8, 2019 8:34:43 GMT -7

At 9:40 AM I finished mining the last Animica I needed for Elder Rune + 5 armor set.
9:45 - Bought my Auto Heater and went to do my daily Dungeon.
10AM - Deposited the last of my ores into ore bank, started Smelting bars.
10:03 - Elder Rune Bars made, Tea is steeping.
10:06 - Base Elder Rune Helm made; sadly I think I miscalculated and am some Elder Bars short of +5 set, oh well, suppose I have a bit more mining to do.
10:10 - Base Elder Rune Platelegs made.
10:12 - Base Boots made.
10:14 - Base Gauntles made.
10:19 - Base Platebody made. Finally have a set of T90 armor, kek.

10:24 - Platebody +1
10:31 - Platebody +2

Time to go eat.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 8, 2019 22:29:52 GMT -7

Overall, I quite enjoy what Jagex has done with Mining and Smithing in terms of how the skills feel while training.
Mining feels pretty good now, and smithing feels like smithing; the experience while smithing hasn't been too incredible IMO however I'm not in it for experience I'm in it for STUFF, going to need to test new smithing for experience on an alt account or something.

GE prices of everything is so wild right now, I haven't attempted to get in on these markets yet because I honestly need the stuff for myself and am enjoying the mining enough to not mind gathering right now.
My account has tier 90 Melee Tank Armor for the first time, although I still need to try the new armor out, and I'm well on my way to having power armor too. Jagex just threw a huge wrench into the economy and I'm curious to see how this plays out as the dust settles, definitely a good update for Ironman Accounts though.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 9, 2019 9:10:46 GMT -7

Elder Rune +5 (T90) has stats identical to Superior Tetsu (T85); except Superior Tetsu has a Prayer Bonus and can be Augmented and a Set Effect which the Elder Rune +5 lacks.
So I have a full set of T90 Tank Armor which is actually slightly worse than T85 Tank armor...

Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****

Post by Lanbo on Jan 9, 2019 14:38:27 GMT -7

A JMod said the reason the new Elder Rune / Masterwork items aren't that awe-inspiring is because of the OP-ness of PvMers already. For instance, if they add even 3% more efficiency to bossing with new gear, those efficiency-scapers who have kill times of 45-50 seconds will get to shave off even more time. Basically, they've determined even that little flooding of gold would impact the economy too much right now. They're thinking about how to walk the tight-rope between better gear / economical impact.

On another note, I've heard burial Elder Rune is upwards of 1M XP/HR. Wowee.
Last edited Jan 9, 2019 14:39:00 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 11, 2019 23:14:07 GMT -7

Lmfao, made around 784k in OSRS today smithing cannonballs while catching up on work; according to the rates shown on the wiki guide for cannonballs I apparently spent 8 hours and 48 minutes smithing cannonballs today and that's, like, assuming I was efficient. When did it become 1am and I swear I actually did other stuff today... jeez...

Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Help is only a Bubble away...
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Jan 14, 2019 20:24:04 GMT -7

Started playing Old School RS again after getting my Solid State Drive installed.

Since January 5th and through now I have gained:
-7 Agility Levels (up to level 58 now)
-A cooking level (63)
-A fishing level (54)
-6 Runecrafting levels (52)
-8 Smithing levels (63)

During my agility training I finally unlocked my complete Graceful Outfit.
Graceful Outfit
I'm thinking about rushing to get a Mahogany Eagle Lectern in my house to make Teletabs but that's at level 67 Construction; I'm currently level 41 and it would cost me over a quarter of my OSRS bank to get... but I don't have anything else I'm saving the cash for rn... ugh...

Additionally I started playing on one of my F2P alt accounts and have just been Woodcutting.... because.... and am up from level 33 to 55 Woodcutting.
Yew alt because that's everyone's favorite from like 2004 ain't it?

Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Help is only a Bubble away...
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 6, 2019 20:00:28 GMT -7

It has been such a long time since I've updated on my own Runescape progress thread which had become a semi-permanent habit for me since joining M3rciless and this forum back in 2016.

Around Labor Day of 2018 I had concluded my journey to all level 99 stats, afterward I devoted the remainder of my membership to grinding out the bonds needed for my next year of premier club membership without breaking my bank. I didn’t want to just liquidate into a nearly unplayable account, ultimately I succeeded in this goal. I enjoyed exploring higher level PvM content and bossing and slowly improving my gear for a short while after Maxing my account, but honestly felt pretty burnt out too. So I slacked on the MMO and focused on my school work and did pretty well. I played again a little over my Christmas break but was finding more joy in the nostalgic vibes of Old School than with slowly going down the RS3 completionist cape task checklist, so I played Old School through a few patches. A little before my final semester of college was scheduled to start, one of my friends asked if I wanted to learn to duo Nex with him and it sounded like a great time so I agreed, we were scheduled a few days out for the next weekend so I logged in and discovered that something that changed in one of the more recent patches was crashing my client seemingly randomly. The game had been becoming steadily buggy on my aging laptop, so something finally breaking was not really a surprise at the time. Given school was starting again soon, I decided to take the broken game as a reason to put Runescape out of my mind and focus on my studies. I know several members of M3rciless had some suggested fixes for the issue I was having, and I already had solved similar issues in the past by means of some things which were suggested, but I didn’t want to fix the problem because then I would be tempted to play.
Overall, a wise decision because if I hadn’t taken the reigns and done 85+% of the work for a semester long group project I have no doubts that my team would have let me down, caused me to fail, and force me into retaking the class before I could graduate.
When the semester finally came to an end, I took a breather of a few days away from screens altogether because after months of debugging a server cluster I was sick of looking at my computer. So I came back to RS3 and cleared my cache and the fatal error crashing the client stopped, but the game was still slow glitchy and nearly unplayable. It is almost definitely just my older hardware reacting poorly to changes in the new client, but the result is an incredibly unenjoyable experience trying to do any of the bossing which I’d actually like to do.

Since the New Year, the only entries showing in my adventure log have been Dungeoneering XP from the daily challenges, clan citadel visits and maintenance related entries, and an entry from a small Castle Wars Event that the clan ran.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Adv Log}
Most kills in a match of Castle Wars.
For the first time, I managed to be the one to kill the most players in a match of Castle Wars. 15-Jun-2019 00:41

Capped at my Clan Citadel.
I have capped at my Clan Citadel this week. 14-Jun-2019 23:42
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 14-Jun-2019 23:42
Maintained Clan Fealty 3
I have maintained Fealty rank 3 with my clan. 06-Jun-2019 03:31
I have capped at my Clan Citadel this week. 06-Jun-2019 03:00
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 06-Jun-2019 03:00
Reached Clan Fealty 3
I have now reached Fealty rank 3 with my clan. 17-May-2019 00:36
I have capped at my Clan Citadel this week. 17-May-2019 00:14
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 03-May-2019 23:52
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 03-May-2019 23:52
Maintained Clan Fealty 3
I have maintained Fealty rank 3 with my clan. 01-Feb-2019 22:46

46000000XP in Dungeoneering
I now have at least 46000000 experience points in the Dungeoneering skill. 29-Jan-2019 23:25

I have capped at my Clan Citadel this week. 29-Jan-2019 22:30
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 29-Jan-2019 22:30
Maintained Clan Fealty 3
I have maintained Fealty rank 3 with my clan. 17-Jan-2019 15:27
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week. 17-Jan-2019 15:27
Maintained Clan Fealty 3
I have maintained Fealty rank 3 with my clan. 08-Jan-2019 14:56

44000000XP in Dungeoneering
I now have at least 44000000 experience points in the Dungeoneering skill. 04-Jan-2019 18:45

I have capped at my Clan Citadel this week. 04-Jan-2019 15:52
Visited my Clan Citadel.
I have visited my Clan Citadel this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been logging into OSRS still on occasion since that point but not often at all. The other week at work was particularly slow and I logged in to mobile for a few slayer tasks while waiting around for stuff to do. This week I realized that my membership expires at the end of the month, I believe that I purchased on cyber monday last year, so I have been logging into OSRS significantly more frequently before my membership ends. I honestly hate that I’ve been doing this because I know that it’s just me reacting in accordance with the sunk cost fallacy, something which has been a driving force for my Runescape career as a whole.

I do not feel that I got nearly enough out of my past year of membership to warrant buying another entire year when premier rolls around again. If I had made enough in the past year in game to pay for the membership again then I might have different feelings but seeing as how my accounts stagnated both on RS3 and OSRS in the past year I cannot find any justification for spending $70USD on the game this holiday season.

I have had personal grievances with each variant of the game for a long time. The quality of life in RS3 for the average player has been on the decline for a long time. The amount of Micro Transaction Promotions in a game which once promised to never sell power has been a particular point of disgust, especially when the development to the actual game seems to have been forgone in favor of predatory promotions. Things really went downhill for me when the NXT client became mandatory despite still being a glitchy mess. OSRS is a nice nostalgia trip and has even been developing their own end game content, including raids; but it’s still mostly the same content and grind as RS3 and re-doing everything isn’t particularly engaging. Both games are plagued by bot farms, which make sustaining membership via bonds difficult. Jagex killed off the Darkscape project and don’t seem keen on bringing it back, while it only ran a few months it was the most fun I had with Runescape since EoC launched. I know Deadman Mode is the OSRS equivalent of Darkscape but it just didn’t hold my interest in the same way despite their seasonal tournaments.

Runescape is my most played video game and I will always hold fond memories of it and of the people I have played with over the years. As things are currently, I cannot play RS3 and don’t enjoy OSRS enough to continue paying for a seldom used membership. I don’t plan on destroying my own bank(s) before I go, I’ve seen countless people do this and regret it later, since I will likely be back some day. According to the old school client I have 18 days of membership remaining, after that I’m hanging up my cape for now.

Last edited Nov 6, 2019 20:03:05 GMT -7 by Nergal

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 7, 2019 13:12:00 GMT -7

After many moons putting the task off, I maxed my favour and completed the Architectural Alliance miniquest.
Also completed the Kourend/Kebos Easy Tasks in addition to 3 of the 5 house quests.
To get my other memoir teleports I Still need to complete:
-Tale of the Righteous
-The Ascent of Arceuus

Been avoiding Monkey Madness for a long time now.
Can also go and do Lunar Diplomacy
Desert Treasure can be done as soon as I do Temple of Ikov

I have a slew of quests to complete if I want my crystal bow but I believe that I already have the level requirements for those as well. (Roving Elves > Regicide > Underground Pass)
Already have a Slayer Helm, it is not yet imbued, I've never done Nightmare Zone.
Only have one piece of Void Knight Armor currently.

Finished my Holy Book today, not because I have any expectation to use it.... ever.... but because it is a cheap and permanent account unlock.

Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on Nov 7, 2019 22:03:43 GMT -7

Instead of picking up with ANY of the things I was planning on doing in the prior post:
I unlocked the Flames of Zamorak spell for use outside of the Mage Arena.
Got PK'd once while trying to do the 100 casts within the arena, and then went and used the spell on an unsuspecting Green Dragon Botter to complete a Wildy Hard Task and ultimately a negative ROI for that PK.
Anyway, another permanent account unlock (the spell) for only around 70k.

M3RCILESS on RuneClan