Skip Navigation

First Person vs Third Person

DiscussionGuide
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Jul 25, 2018 11:19:04 GMT -7

Whenever you play a shooting game and you have an option to choose between first person and third person for which one do you go? When I play Grand Theft Auto V I'm always on third person to aim better and kill people easier. I don't think that first person shooting in GTA V is comfortable for me.
antonline Avatar
antonline GB Regular **

Post by antonline on Jul 25, 2018 12:11:31 GMT -7

Grand Theft Auto is really the only game I play that is third-person. I generally hate playing that way but I'm used to GTA since I've been playing since San Andreas... I'm more a fan of first-person gameplay because my favorite type of games are FPS.
thebestgamerz Avatar
thebestgamerz GB Newbie *

Post by thebestgamerz on Jul 28, 2018 22:26:23 GMT -7

For the fast majority of games, the first person camera mode is vastly superior to the third person one. This is because the design decisions involved with making a third person camera system are far more complex.

With a first-person camera, you only need to point the on-screen weapon to where the mouse is pointing.
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***
princesszelda Avatar
princesszelda GB Newbie *
3vilskillz Avatar
3vilskillz GB Newbie *
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on May 1, 2019 16:49:53 GMT -7

The camera mode for the first person is so much more superior to the mode for the third person. That's because the layout choices required to create a camera system for third-persons are far more complicated. You need only to point the on-screen firearm where the mouse is pointing with a first-person camera. It's that simple.
Last edited May 1, 2019 16:50:46 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****

Post by Nergal on May 3, 2019 16:30:55 GMT -7

It depends largely on the game itself.
If I can use third person perspective to gain an advantage, then I will use third person perspective.
If I am seeking a more immersive experience, then I will opt for a first person mode.

But for normal play, it doesn't really matter to me most of the time.

Deleted Avatar
Deleted
Last edited Jul 21, 2023 8:01:25 GMT -7 by Deleted
demarco Avatar
demarco GB Addict ****

braindeadgenius Avatar
braindeadgenius GB Newbie *
Lord Tuba Blueba Avatar
Lord Tuba Blueba GB Regular **

Post by Lord Tuba Blueba on May 24, 2019 19:48:44 GMT -7

I normally can't stand the over the shoulder POV for 3rd person shooters. But the way the DeadSpace series played was soo good. Made me change my mind a bit and allowed me to play thru the Resident Evil games. So glad that I did.

However FPS is my jam man. I could play those games aaaaaalll day.
Tipsy Blonde Avatar
Tipsy Blonde GB Regular **

Post by Tipsy Blonde on May 28, 2019 17:06:32 GMT -7

In my opion I have always liked first person shooters! I am a big call of duty nerd and have been playing since it came out. I don't think I have ever really liked 3rd person in a lot of games except like gears of war or like most rpg games

ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***

Post by ash on May 31, 2019 12:14:29 GMT -7

I like first person gaming but it really does depend on the game for me. With first-person shooters, I can comfortably play and not have any problems. But for some games, I tend to get headaches and hate playing in first person. Far Cry 5 is a really good example of this. Hate playing the game because of it.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
Lots_0 Avatar
Lots_0 GB Newbie *